Roadmap to beta

A fantasy otome RPG about three young thieves with special skills https://www.winterwolves.com/queenofthieves.htm
DarkWolf
Druid

Re: Roadmap to beta

Post by DarkWolf »

I hope that that doesn't hold true for boos battles as well as people tend to like those long and hard, I know I do.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Those are longer but in general nowhere near SOTW boss battles length :)
SirSlothMan
Young scout

Post by SirSlothMan »

When the beta is released will it be site exclusive or will it be on Steam as well?
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

SirSlothMan wrote:When the beta is released will it be site exclusive or will it be on Steam as well?
The game beta will be available on this site first.

All new Winter Wolves Games eventually come to Steam; if you buy from the site, you can then get a Steam code for it later.

One reason for having it as a site exclusive is to help find/fix bugs, as well as tweak things if combat is involved, etc.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yup exactly as Miakoda said.
I usually wait a few months before putting them on Steam so are tested, and besides preparing the Steam release requires a bit of time (store setup, building, testing achievements, trading cards, etc).
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Today I got the theme song... both musician and singer have outdone themselves :shock:
It's similar to SOTW one in style (sort of ballad/melancholic/etc) but much much better. I think for my fantasy games I'll keep using that style of music. Stuff like rock/pop/etc works better for dating sims. But for games with epic theme, battles and such that kind of music doesn't work well :)
DarkWolf
Druid

Post by DarkWolf »

While I would disagree that rock music doesn't work well for games with story full of battles I do think that if you are choosing between one or the other ballad does work better for epic theme, fantasy, serious, emotional story and if used in a right moment can heighten you emotions a lot and make a scene as well as whole game a lot more memorable.
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

What 'She's my Cherry Pie' not good enough?! (I kid I kid) I am looking forward to this game, and I have faith in your music tastes so far all have been really good.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Meanwhile I'm having a lot of problems with all the romances! It's not just the amount, but the various possible combos. In practice for each romance I need to check:
- where player goes (some scene trigger in different locations)
- time of the day (some triggers during night, other day)
- who is the currently active girl (since as you know there are predefined couple combos)
- how many days have passed since last scene with that specific combo
etc etc. I've been stuck with this since yesterday! Lol coding the romances is harder than the RPG part in this game :mrgreen:

Anyway I think I am on the right track, I also added the possibility to disable completely Otome/Yuri romances if you like:
so if you want to be a true follower of Yuri Goddess, you can!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Since the thing is quite complex I've added mini-portraits on the map. Useful for me for testing but also for players :lol:
If there are two possible encounters like in this case, the game will automatically pick one. You can still trigger the scene with the other the next time (usually the day after). After all if you want to not meet Tiberius you can disable the otome, and if you don't want to meet Moirgane you can disable the Yuri romances :mrgreen: