Roadmap to beta

A fantasy otome RPG about three young thieves with special skills https://www.winterwolves.com/queenofthieves.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Roadmap to beta

Post by jack1974 »

That's fine, I know you do it only to help :)
Back to the game, I'm going to integrate the yuri romances into the system, as I finish the last robbery part. I also asked artist to do fullbody versions of all the romance character, since they were done only waist up... and that was causing problems with the characters height. If you used key H or middle mouse button to hide the dialogue box, you would see the poor Mary-Ann without legs :lol: (not good).
Anyway this shouldn't be a reason of delay. After this is done, I'll see how much work there's left to do coding/writing but I might commission those extra CG images I was talking about a few days ago, since some could be quite fun and some... quite sexy :wink:

Today had to check a bulk of texts for Cursed Lands too, which is coming out well, so hadn't time to work much on this game but next week will resume :)
DarkWolf
Druid

Post by DarkWolf »

After seeing this screenshot and the one Jack just posted on blog from PSCD I thought Jack intentionally puts screenshots that have mistypes as in order to say spelling is not perfect and i am not pretending it to be.

Not that i mind it.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha no, it's not like that. I pick them randomly but every time seems like out of 150 pages of texts, I ALWAYS pick the ones with inevitable typos (if you write so much it's normal to do some small errors).
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Speaking of delays... the weekend was a bit crazy with some family issues (I'm fine but lots of time wasted driving), and today woke up with an insane headache/migraine which vanished only now, so the morning (most productive period of the day for me) is gone. So that's how you waste 2-3 days doing basically nothing :(
(I was able only to do some work for Heirs & Graces since that was easy stuff compared to RPG coding).
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

Hey that is fine, self care is first, glad you are feeling better.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I've finished also the "Mercenary Area"! :)
I'm going to review everything and then send the file to Forsaken to rewrite/edit it like she did with the catacombs. Meanwhile I'll check all the yuri scenes and add missing backgrounds, integrate them into the map, etc. Then I'll have to do the same with the otome scenes.
So it's still quite a lot of work but at least progress is being made!
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

jack1974 wrote:I've finished [...] everything [...]!
Great! Release now!
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha not now, but depending how things go, next month I could maybe do a sort of beta, without endings etc. It's just that I have a lot of other things going on right now! And I can't release the final game until all the story/art is in it, so... :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

OK I found someone to help me scripting Never Forget Me :) So I can get back working on this game. I think from now on, I'll ask other people do to those tasks, since are simple (but long/boring). I honestly feel a bit wasted doing that, when I could be adding so many bugs in a new RPG game! :lol:
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

Yay!, Queen of thieves is the one I am looking forward to most, just dont wear yourself too thin. :)