Roadmap to beta

A fantasy otome RPG about three young thieves with special skills https://www.winterwolves.com/queenofthieves.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Roadmap to beta

Post by jack1974 »

No worries, since I already did the biggest part (the RPG and robbery sims) this last part is a walk in the park compared to it. It only takes a lot of time to check all the scenes :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Each character will also give you a permanent bonus to help the three sisters reach their goal :wink: Will probably need to be tweaked even if will be hard to make all the bonus be worth the same. Since I plan to allow a visual novel mode on this game too, shouldn't force people to pick who to romance based on the bonus at the end! :mrgreen:
Alex81
Woods ranger

Post by Alex81 »

.b...buy? ...But they're thieves!!!!

They should get his stuff for free :p
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

They're thieves but don't steal from good guys like the poor Fredrick :mrgreen:
Thee Forsaken One
Woods ranger

Post by Thee Forsaken One »

Fredrick is their fence. It would be a bad idea for them to steal from him.
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

Does he know he's their fence? I mean, I gotta question Jack calling a fence a good guy :P
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well I don't want to give out too many spoilers. But from reading the story is clear why they wouldn't rob him :)
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

jack1974 wrote:Since I plan to allow a visual novel mode on this game too, shouldn't force people to pick who to romance based on the bonus at the end! :mrgreen:
Can you use cosmetic rewards? Like allowing [one of] the sisters to look different, or decorate the screen with something small like you did with Spirit of Ninim.
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The sisters look depends on the outfit you buy, and since YOU (forum people!) wanted to be able to do the paper-doll thing, all outfits have no stats (and you put use the gem sockets to add them). I don't think other kind of customization on the characters would be possible, but the bonuses are varied enough I think.
pahldus
Woods ranger

Post by pahldus »

For one of your future games you should consider outfit DLC. People really do like to dress up their characters. A game like Guild Wars 2 is still going strong mostly due to cosmetic items available in their game store for real money.