robbery mission dev thread

A fantasy otome RPG about three young thieves with special skills https://www.winterwolves.com/queenofthieves.htm
yayswords
Elder Druid

Re: robbery mission dev thread

Post by yayswords »

Any extra rewards for disneydunking the guards too?

(Disneydunking is my new term for "killing" in Aravorn games)
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes you get the full XP. But honestly in such cases I would just go for the mercenaries. For the noble battle I would try to "politely get to sleep in a bed of roses" the noble as fast as possible :mrgreen:
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Uh, after the endless jokes prodding and teasing about romancing minor characters, now you're finally telling us we should seduce the nobles?
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

Do we really need to spell out heavily armored/fast? We can see their stats :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

OK (also it's a bit relative, since if you put all attributes on Speed, the enemy won't result very fast vs your party).
I've added 50% Ignore Taunt chance for the two toughest mercenaries (meaning they could hit another character instead of the one with more aggro for 50% of time).
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

another big step finished! The list on the left populates based on new discovered target (pseudo-randomized). Now I'm going to add sorting by the column values (even if there won't be a lot of targets, I'll add a limit).
By default all info is hidden, and you can use the "Gather Info" button to discover more, spending time or a little money :)
So far seems to work rather well, this part of the game seem fun already! 8)
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

UI looks pretty neat.

Are you going to add pseudo-random names to the left side? So instead of listing out "Noble", "Noble", "Noble" have a set of a few dozen possibilities for noble house names to steal from?
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

Also, shouldn't it say burgle? I know it sounds stupid... commit burglary perhaps. Point being that robbery means they actually intend to find someone and threaten them to hand over their valuables, whereas as burglars they try to get by undetected and "only" steal.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Troyen wrote: Are you going to add pseudo-random names to the left side? So instead of listing out "Noble", "Noble", "Noble" have a set of a few dozen possibilities for noble house names to steal from?
No because they're just town districts (in the game logic, categories).
You can steal from Merchants, Nobles or Military (not really happy with this last one, I should try to find something better).
yayswords wrote:Also, shouldn't it say burgle? I know it sounds stupid... commit burglary perhaps. Point being that robbery means they actually intend to find someone and threaten them to hand over their valuables, whereas as burglars they try to get by undetected and "only" steal.
Like always when I code those screens I just write everything on my own, so before releasing the beta will hand everything to Forsaken to find better names/words/etc :P
Anima_
Druid

Post by Anima_ »

jack1974 wrote: No because they're just town districts (in the game logic, categories).
You can steal from Merchants, Nobles or Military (not really happy with this last one, I should try to find something better).
Clergy maybe? Depends who close the setting is to the European middle ages that would be an obvious third group of moneybags. Landlords would be a less exciting/controversial option. Oh and of course stealing from crime lords is also a classic.
RPG Programmer for Winterwolves, currently working on: Amber's Magic Shop
Part-time emotionless AI