quick gameplay preview

A fantasy otome RPG about three young thieves with special skills https://www.winterwolves.com/queenofthieves.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

quick gameplay preview

Post by jack1974 »

You can see some of the battle gameplay elements. In this case I used "crowd control", since even the boss can be stunned/immobilized (albeit with shorter duration based on their resistances). Before this video I tried and failed, because I didn't bring any resurrection potion with me :) In general, battles go exactly how I wanted - much shorter than SOTW (well obviously since there's very limited SP/HP regen or healing!) and sometimes is enough a right move to win a battle (or a bad one to lose it :wink:).
Harbinger1975
Young scout

Re: quick gameplay preview

Post by Harbinger1975 »

Completely smexy, Jack. *stuffs a few 100 dollar bills in your pocket*
"Direct intervention is necessary. Assuming direct control."
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

What other gameplay elements do you have planned outside of RPG battles? I think at one point it was RPG-lifesim hybrid, so I curious about how that would work out.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well at the moment it's RPG/dating sim. I still need to do the robbery missions. But I'm not planning to add other gameplay elements right now.
The only extra thing I wanted to do in my original plan was a sort of minigame in which you could "salvage" the items robbed into materials or recombine them in something new. Some sort of advanced crafting minigame. But I don't think I'll have time :(
That's why I added the gem-sockting system, to compensate that and let people use any outfit they liked. I will have a much better crafting in Amber's Magic Shop (which shouldn't feature RPG though).
I might come up with something else, but at the moment I am unsure, there's already a lot to do as it is and after SOTW I don't want to make something too big again. So if I can come up with some extra simple gameplay, I'll add it, otherwise not :mrgreen:
For example, I guess could have some way to improve the sisters attributes by doing some activities in town. Not a big increase. It could help making some battles POSSIBLE in Nightmare (since right now some are really crazy!). Stuff like that :)

edit: if you have any suggestions for something simple but that you'd like to see, feel free to post it!
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

jack1974 wrote:something simple but that you'd like to see
boobies

It's far more socially acceptable (and perhaps there's even a legal difference) for men to walk around barechested. The revolution begins here!
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Lol I meant as GAMEPLAY!!! :lol:
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

...boobie tattoos of power?
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

jack1974 wrote:Well at the moment it's RPG/dating sim. I still need to do the robbery missions. But I'm not planning to add other gameplay elements right now.
The only extra thing I wanted to do in my original plan was a sort of minigame in which you could "salvage" the items robbed into materials or recombine them in something new. Some sort of advanced crafting minigame. But I don't think I'll have time :(
That's why I added the gem-sockting system, to compensate that and let people use any outfit they liked. I will have a much better crafting in Amber's Magic Shop (which shouldn't feature RPG though).
I might come up with something else, but at the moment I am unsure, there's already a lot to do as it is and after SOTW I don't want to make something too big again. So if I can come up with some extra simple gameplay, I'll add it, otherwise not :mrgreen:
For example, I guess could have some way to improve the sisters attributes by doing some activities in town. Not a big increase. It could help making some battles POSSIBLE in Nightmare (since right now some are really crazy!). Stuff like that :)

edit: if you have any suggestions for something simple but that you'd like to see, feel free to post it!
Can always save it for the inevitable expansion. ;)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I admit that since I've seen Arianna's image, I'm quite tempted to do a DLC :wink: of course, only after this is done and also the other projects that are "in queue" since years!
Thee Forsaken One
Woods ranger

Post by Thee Forsaken One »

jack1974 wrote:I admit that since I've seen Arianna's image, I'm quite tempted to do a DLC :wink: of course, only after this is done and also the other projects that are "in queue" since years!
You know I'm up for that. I've already got plenty of ideas and wouldn't require much new art. ;)