alpha build 0.5.8

A fantasy otome RPG about three young thieves with special skills https://www.winterwolves.com/queenofthieves.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: alpha build 0.5.7

Post by jack1974 »

That was there even before :) Being undead they're immune to dark magic. Bleeding was a sort of hack I did for SOTW, so I couldn't display it as a normal resistance.
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

jack1974 wrote:Rally now have AOE target, to encourage the join/split party mechanics. Rally also reduces debuffs by 1/2/3 turns now.
Now this is something that could make me group them up.

You made us start at a different level again. I think these starting levels will generate a cheat code to an easter egg in the final game.
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes because I raised the stats of the party, so with older levels enemies were really lame :)
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

Okay this is pretty cool. I didn't even know the skellies had row nukes because there was no reason to group up before.

I think you need to look at Magic Sparks though. If you go offensive build on Joanne there's like no reason to use any other nuke, for 1 target or 3.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

True it's too powerful, is because originally was a combo skill. Will reduce the damage to 75/100/125%, also considering it hits 3 targets!
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

I think the higher stats helped a fair bit. Only mana still makes me sad. 1 SP per point of will just makes me go, well quality over quantity, don't get more spells just make them count. At least as far as offense goes. If I play Joanne as non-nuker I can get will on her, for the other two it's more like get enough mana for your "recipe", which is Protect + Stun for Kira or any combination of Backstab/Throwing Knives or 1 Sudden Strike for Thalia, which means I've never taken will on Thalia in any build.

Idea: Basic attacks regenerate 1 SP, Rest gives more.

Also would it be possible to put a miniature encyclopedia in the game? I mean really really tiny, just to list what Burning and such do. That way they don't need to be in the descriptions.

And Tornado is a pretty abysmal nuke. THREE SP for the same damage as a basic attack (at level 1), with a debuff that isn't a DoT and which might as well hinder you as help you. That's like something you'd take only one point in and use at some moment when things are so shit that only a lucky stat swap could possibly turn the tide.
Last edited by yayswords on Wed May 27, 2015 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

You mean like a button to click in the battle, listing all the effects ?
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

Or in the menu, but yeah it should probably be in the battle UI too, because that's when you're gonna go all "okay what did Shattered do again?"

(Also added a paragraph about Tornado to my previous post)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes can add to the battle, is probably where will be most useful. As for Tornado it was a combo skill too, so will at least reduce the cost :)
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

I'm wondering what is intended about the row buffs. Since they are targetable rather than affecting the caster + her sides, there are a few things you can do...

1) Place one sister alone but pair the other two up, and the first sister can buff them both. I don't think this is a big deal.

2) If you group all three up, it doesn't matter who is in the middle as far as buffs go, so you would probably always put Kira there in case opponents have something like Magic Sparks so she'll get the brunt of the damage. I think this matters a little more, but what I think mattered so much I made this post* is...

3) If you split all three up, you can throw a buff on an empty square between two of the girls and buff them both.

Tested with Invisibility, Rally and Hold the Line. Right now I'm not really thinking that one of these makes for a damn superior tactic, but rather in fact this might be some very neat added depth. Just letting you know though.