alpha build 0.5.8

A fantasy otome RPG about three young thieves with special skills https://www.winterwolves.com/queenofthieves.htm
yayswords
Elder Druid

Re: alpha build 0.5.7

Post by yayswords »

Oh the * was to say I'm a very selective poster.
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

yayswords wrote: Tested with Invisibility, Rally and Hold the Line. Right now I'm not really thinking that one of these makes for a damn superior tactic, but rather in fact this might be some very neat added depth. Just letting you know though.
Yes I tried that too :) it should add depth since for example in some battles would be better to protect a caster (for example on undead bleeding don't work, so some of Thalia's attack are less effective) while in other the thief.
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

Also it means you can use a row nuke on an empty square between two mobs and hit them both... this definitely couldn't be done in SotW. But it's intended then?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Uh? no I think you could do that even in SOTW (even in Loren to be honest), the AOE though. Row always hits the full row, so doesn't matter who you target :)
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

Yes but an attack like Krimm's Wreak Havoc. It needed a target. If the enemy front row had two mobs but didn't use the middle spot, you couldn't nuke the empty middle spot to still hit them both. Here I can do that, although usually attacks that are phrased as hitting target + sides rather than 3 targets do rather modest damage to the sides.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, the good thing is that you can still hit 2 targets, the downside is that they take much less damage :)
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

I'm a little skeptical about Hold the Line. Yes, if I group the girls up, I will eat Strike Throughs, and it will be useful. But rather than blow skill points on that I could just... not group all three up. Rally is a good incentive to clump up, but Hold the Line is more like an anti-disincentive so to speak. I mean if enemies don't even use defense reducing row nukes all that happens if I group them is I get row nuked and in return I can use an ability that does nothing on all three girls.

Better it just buffed defense, or did that as well.

Invisibility might not scale as poorly as I thought though. Even if it's a flat reduction it happens after defense division, so crazy defense + Invisibility might just combo up to make spells tickle. It needs a new name though! Like Ward. But that's an old one. :D

It is a cool idea really that if you group up, Invisibility reduces the upfront damage of nukes, and then Rally dispels their debuffs. Kira, you really ought to contribute better to this family recipe. Hold the Line is letting your sisters down.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Going to make some enemies with backstab then! :lol:
Will change invisibility to "Magic Shield" maybe?
As for Hold the Line maybe will raise the duration, or something else. Will think about it.
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

I kinda wished Kira had a damage mitigation skill, especially since most of her offensive skills are rather underwhelming compared to her sisters.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I wanted Hold The Line to have some damage reduction, the issue I'm having is that I can't raise the defense value otherwise various bugs happens. I can still apply any damage reduction AFTER the damage calculations have been done.
It could be something like:
Hold The Line (Novice) = reduces 10% of normal damage after calculations
Hold The Line (Journey) = reduces 20% of normal damage after calculations
Hold The Line (Expert) = reduces 30% of normal damage after calculations
that should make that skill quite good no? :)