Art Thread [Queen of Thieves]

A fantasy otome RPG about three young thieves with special skills https://www.winterwolves.com/queenofthieves.htm
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Re: Art Thread [Queen of Thieves]

Post by Miakoda »

I admit, the thought that having two sisters/three sisters together and having a combination attack reminds me of Chronotrigger (and in a good way) :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I never played that game... I think. I don't remember anymore :lol:
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Don't worry, you should always be honored if your games are compared to Chrono Trigger.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes I know it has good reputation, but I can't remember if I played it or not.
I remember a scene where you need to fight a monster, and then you discover that the monster was a mom trying to protect her cubs... not sure if is that one :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

finished the attributes screen today, though was easier since is very similar to SOTW's one. In any case, the attributes on this game will work on a much smaller scale... like 1 Constitution = 2 HP and so on :twisted:
iWeasle
Woods ranger

Post by iWeasle »

The small numbers work just as well as the multiplying everything by 1000000000 that some JRPG's do, I've never understood the point of the million damage attacks that have the same effect as a 10 damage attack on a 100 hp enemy :lol: .
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

I think the only pitfall of small numbers is starting the base too low.

For example, if 1 con = +2 HP that's fine, but if you start with 2 con, then two points effectively double your health (which has huge implications!). Compare that to starting at say 5 or 10 con (10 or 20 HP) and then having 1 con still be +2 HP.

At least, I think that makes the early game easier to balance.

(I also don't understand why people need to have 137 million HP and deal hundreds of thousands of damage. After a certain point, it becomes hard to tell the big numbers apart.)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No indeed you'll start with a bigger HP amount. I could even make so that 1 con = 1 hp, depending how many points to assign I give on each level up.
In this game I plan to have NO HEALING during battles, but full healing/recover after each battle (like Loren). The goal is to keep the fights short and make impossible to use "endurance" strategies. It should be all about combos and skills. I am also thinking to limit the SP. But is just theory for now since need to try a single battle yet :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

sketch of the game map! :) I like the "cartoony/casual feel", is exactly what I'm aiming for with this game :)
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

*ponders nominating the small, bottom right house for the 'Love Shack'* ;)

More seriously, I do like the look of this.
Last edited by Miakoda on Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.