Art Thread [Queen of Thieves]

A fantasy otome RPG about three young thieves with special skills https://www.winterwolves.com/queenofthieves.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Art Thread [Queen of Thieves]

Post by jack1974 »

the combinations are a lot, 5 different types x 5 different slots. There are "sets" but you can also mix them like I did in this case, the shoes and leg part aren't of the same heavy armor set :)
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

I can't recall the last time I've seen a design for a woman in heavy armour that didn't have the infamous boob plate. So huge congratulations to your artist for this lovely piece!
Melandrhild
Young scout

Post by Melandrhild »

Some female players have nothing against boob plate though (like me) It doesn't prevent me to see that the art is great, but it allows to see that not all female players dislike sexualized armors ;)

(Also Sylrissa, I'm pretty sure there are games nowadays that don't have boob plates, like Dragon Age. I agree it's nice when there are choices for all tastes !)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Personally I'm neutral towards that, I mean I don't think is a big deal so I leave freedom to the artist to decide for him/herself. In the past did too much censoring and I think some artist were annoyed by that. Freedom to the arts! :lol: (of course within acceptable limits)
Melandrhild
Young scout

Post by Melandrhild »

Censoring seems never good, as it alters an original idea, no matter what is censored, to me. (Even if they censor something I don't like in a game or such, I feel the same.)
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

Melandrhild wrote:Some female players have nothing against boob plate though (like me) It doesn't prevent me to see that the art is great, but it allows to see that not all female players dislike sexualized armors ;)

(Also Sylrissa, I'm pretty sure there are games nowadays that don't have boob plates, like Dragon Age. I agree it's nice when there are choices for all tastes !)
I'm not saying I hate the sexualized armours, I appreciate good art regardless, Loren had several complaints about the state of the armour, yet that is my favourite game from WW to date!, and I never had a problem with any of the designs. (also I really enjoy playing Dragon's crown on my vita, Vanilla-ware make beautiful art.) I just wanted to say something nice about seeing the design and about the artist.
jack1974 wrote:Personally I'm neutral towards that, I mean I don't think is a big deal so I leave freedom to the artist to decide for him/herself. In the past did too much censoring and I think some artist were annoyed by that. Freedom to the arts! :lol: (of course within acceptable limits)
I think that is a good stance, I've previously commended your stance against censoring now, and it's good to see what the artist's interpretation of the character/monster/weapon/environment etc
Melandrhild
Young scout

Post by Melandrhild »

(Dragon's Crown is gorgeous indeed ! I play it with my husband on PS3 :) )
And I agree that seeing different interpretations of characters and places of the world of Aravorn is really interesting. It's nice that so much games are planned to set in this world, and so far choices of artists seem very good to me :) Makes me think of japanese animated series where different seasons may have different artists, but that manage to keep solid the atmosphere of the setting.
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

For me, I really like that the character art suits the character. I mean Loren was just sorta out there in regards to armor, but like Myrth made tons of sense it suited her, but Lorens armor said absolutely nothing about her character than boobs, which I don't mind At All when the characters good, but always been a fan of the art suiting the character. Like how Draco and Apolishimo wore robes even in the sexy version because well, trained wizards wear robes (and god, sexy Apolishimo would kill me) I often feel sexy armor out of context is more a detraction of the character, since they don't look like themselves. Boob plates are fine, and not all of them are sexy, like the picture before actually seem to capture the idea perfectly.
Exizel
Woods ranger

Post by Exizel »

Why does robe suit mages??? except for the mage's stereotype there is no reason
I don't think it is the easiest clothe to travel with and let's not talk about dungeons,swamp,...
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

More clothing options is ALWAYS a good thing.