About this game...

A fantasy otome RPG about three young thieves with special skills https://www.winterwolves.com/queenofthieves.htm
Thee Forsaken One
Woods ranger

Re: About this game...

Post by Thee Forsaken One »

Yeah it appears the sexual part stuck in jack's mind. :P

There is sex in this game but it's all fade to black stuff. If there's demand for it I'm up to working with Jack (If he's interested) to present some more mature scenes but for now there is no nudity or explicit sex in the game. That's not to say that having sex with a character means you have 'completed' the romance route with that character. Some characters you'll never have sex with but with others you might multiple times without ever getting into a series relationship with them. It all depends on the sister and the particular character that sister is pursuing. In this game, every relationship is different. The only common factor is that successfully 'completing' the route means you have formed a long-term relationship with a person but some characters might even be willing to have a casual relationship with you even if you 'fail' the route...
yayswords
Elder Druid

Post by yayswords »

Is 4x "sex" (and 1x "sexual") in one post the standing record now?

I'm happy to see these games step away from Disney relationships anyway. It's very annoying when sex has to be a consequence of love (rather than lust) and love has to be a consequence of several months of courtship.
If at first try it doesn't explode, it ain't Jack who wrote the code.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well it's not much about "Disney" (though I understand what you mean) but how dating sim works, 99% of them end with sex or kiss (the more tame ones). But I want to break away with this stuff in future since it's not really much realistic :)
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

Thee Forsaken One wrote:Yeah it appears the sexual part stuck in jack's mind. :P

There is sex in this game but it's all fade to black stuff. If there's demand for it I'm up to working with Jack (If he's interested) to present some more mature scenes but for now there is no nudity or explicit sex in the game. That's not to say that having sex with a character means you have 'completed' the romance route with that character. Some characters you'll never have sex with but with others you might multiple times without ever getting into a series relationship with them. It all depends on the sister and the particular character that sister is pursuing. In this game, every relationship is different. The only common factor is that successfully 'completing' the route means you have formed a long-term relationship with a person but some characters might even be willing to have a casual relationship with you even if you 'fail' the route...
Oh I wouldn't mind too much if it was super sexual, I just wasn't expecting it, lol. I really like that it is varied and has different buildups. i still think roomates is one of the best games on here and I liked that each relationship had a different feeling. So i am really excited regardless. Queen of Thieves sounds absolutely awesome, and I love how varied it is.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

While comparing it to Roommates is hard for obvious reasons (comedy game, setting, no fantasy, etc) my humble opinion which I hope will be confirmed in forums is that Forsaken has done a great job in portraying very different romances, and wasn't easy since for each boy/girl there are two options.
Indeed this game is quite unique by the fact that you basically don't have "one main character", but three :lol: but each one with her own unique personality.
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

I love that! Its kinda what I was hoping for with Shea/Althea but the idea of 3 characters and 3 different romances is pretty cool. Matchmaking is fun in and of itself, so matching who goes with who will be great, especially knowing each has its own flavor.

And it is strange to compare different types of games to roommates, but I compare AAA games to roommates and they rarely give me the same amount of fun.

Which of the girls are available to each romantic interest?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I think I need to make a stick post with a graph or something, but for now:
GxB
Joanne: Tiberius, Melvin
Kira: Tiberius, Fredrick
Thalia: Fredrick, Melvin
GxG
Joanne: Therjalla, Moirgane
Kira: Mary-Ann, Moirgane
Thalia: Mary-Ann, Therjalla
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

Awesome! I really wanted Mary-Anne and Kira to be able to get together. Warrior and Blacksmith just makes sense for a pairing. Although Kira, a bar-fly from the sounds of it, seems like a pretty good match for Moirgane as well. Is jealosy going to be a thing? I can only imagine with not only different love interests, but also different main characters able to date those love interests, it can be difficult.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes we didn't go the jealousy route in this case. Also because, even if in some occasions sister fight or mock each other (in particular Thalia with Joanne!) in reality they all love each other, so when they see someone happy with one of the other sisters they accept it. There are a sort of "acceptance scene" (don't know how to call it). When one sister see the key romance scene for another one with a love interest they just accept it and that love interest is locked with the sister who played the romance scene.
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

Wow, I am super impressed. I like the idea of an acceptance scene when the main characters are sisters that care for each other.