The Curse Of Mantras beta 0.8.3

Previously known simply as "Undead Lily" or "Undead Lily and The Elemental Avengers"
Franka
Elder Druid

Re: The Curse Of Mantras beta 0.8.1

Post by Franka »

By the way, not complaining, but now Shell does the same as Stone Skin (also in the same faction). At least they cost the same. :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha yes I know that. I wasn't sure what to do to replace the force shield so I did that. If you have any ideas on how to tweak it let me know of course :)

Also do you mind if I use your post text in the artbook/guide? I wrote my own suggestion but as you correctly wrote depends a lot on playstyle and opinions, so two are better than one!
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

You have my permission to use anything I've written in a guide. You can even make fun of my bad takes. :lol:

If you'd like, I can also write up some of my suggested decks.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Franka wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:33 pm You have my permission to use anything I've written in a guide. You can even make fun of my bad takes. :lol:
Thanks. Of course! :)
Franka wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:33 pm If you'd like, I can also write up some of my suggested decks.
That would be great! From the saves I got by various people I noticed a good variety, even if there are obviously some must have cards (I think forest warden was in ALL decks I've seen) but for example I still used Fishman and Brownie even at later levels, or Sphinx, while others didn't even have them anymore halfway.
So yeah this is a classic game where there isn't a single way to win but there are a few objectively must-have cards :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

The Stun on Fire Wall doesn't do what it's supposed to. It only stuns the creature attacking it for the current turn, not the next turn.

Just summoned creatures that gain Double Attack, gains one attack during the turn they were summoned. I guess it doesn't hurt, but it feels like a bug.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Franka wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:02 pm The Stun on Fire Wall doesn't do what it's supposed to. It only stuns the creature attacking it for the current turn, not the next turn.
Ah right... I think stun actually works that way, so far I only used it in offensive units but not wall units. I need to check how it worked in PSCD to see if it's possible :)
Franka wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:02 pm Just summoned creatures that gain Double Attack, gains one attack during the turn they were summoned. I guess it doesn't hurt, but it feels like a bug.
Yes unless they've charge, they shouldn't attack. I think it's due to the double attack thing indeed, will take a look. With which spell you summoned? Turn Undead and you got a Ghoul? or you simply played a normal card with double attack?

p.s. got also your email with suggestion, thanks :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

jack1974 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:26 pm Yes unless they've charge, they shouldn't attack. I think it's due to the double attack thing indeed, will take a look. With which spell you summoned? Turn Undead and you got a Ghoul? or you simply played a normal card with double attack?
I used a spell to give a creature I just summoned Double Attack. Not sure which one it was, Mindless Rage, Sparkles or Mass Haste? I'm guessing they all would do the same thing.

I just tried an experiment, playing Sparkles and randomly hitting a just summoned creature, and yeah, it gets one attack. I'll send you the save.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Fixed the sparkles things, once again the save was very useful! I've also added your tips/decks to the PDF artbook-guide in a special section called "Franka's Combat Tips" 8)
By the way these decks are interesting I might replay some battles myself using them to see how they work.

Regarding the Flame Wall I don't think there's a practical way to make stun work as I described in the card, since I looked back at PSCD which had a similar card "Force Field" and indeed was stunning creatures only for their turn, so I'm going to change the text description only. Well at least stops creatures with double attack :mrgreen:
Franka
Elder Druid

Re: The Curse Of Mantras beta 0.8.2

Post by Franka »

I suspected there wasn't an easy fix for the Flame Wall. I feel like I reported the same thing for PSCD. :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: The Curse Of Mantras beta 0.8.2

Post by jack1974 »

Yeah it would need a completely new custom coding stuff and not worth it just for one card :lol: besides that spell is already rather powerful as it is I think.