Kickstarter Live

Previously known simply as "Undead Lily" or "Undead Lily and The Elemental Avengers"
jack1974
Pack leader

Kickstarter Live

Post by jack1974 »

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wi ... of-mantras
as before I put as deadline October 2022 but I honestly think I'll be able to release it way sooner. I just do it otherwise I get anxious :mrgreen:
Note that while there's an exclusive Kickstarter reward (6 bonus cards), I'll still give that to people supporting me on Patreon since long time since it seems fair. But the cards still won't be available in the "regular" game sold on itchio/Steam.
Franka
Elder Druid

Re: Kickstarter Live

Post by Franka »

I was just thinking about whether I should cancel Patreon for half a year and go for the exclusive reward on Kickstarter, but this works.

Of course, if you start reaching stretch goals it might be better to back the Kickstarter? I guess we'll see.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, I guess it depends how it will go. But surely I didn't wanted to penalize loyal fans on Patreon like you and others :)
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

Backer-exclusive content, especially in-game content, isn't something that will sit well with some players. They may feel they are not getting the full experience. You may want to consider making it timed-exclusive for those who missed the Kickstarter campaign, even if it's paid DLC.

It looks like you made it through all the known stretch goals. As for me, this be the first time in years since I backed a Kickstarter project.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Hmm well in the end there will be only 5 extra cards (one for each element), I think other games did this, I believe the Divine Divinity series for example? In the end they're not game-changing features I think. (they shouldn't be otherwise it means I messed up the cards balancing lol)
I will be adding two more stretch goals once I hit the 9000 eur threshold, but likely they'll be the last ones since I don't want to overpromise stuff :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Started to implement the 6 bonus cards. They won't be too powerful since you get them at the beginning, but since in this case I use Hearthstone method of progressively increasing mana, I guess it shouldn't be too much of a problem if I put a moderately high mana cost (like 3-4 mana).
I want them to be "cool" but not too powerful :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well the KS has ended and I'm happy about the result. Now I'm working hard to have that demo for the next Steam Fest towards end of next month! :)