a new name ?

Previously known simply as "Undead Lily" or "Undead Lily and The Elemental Avengers"
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: a new name ?

Post by jack1974 »

Yes but things were WAY different in the past. I realized I cannot work anymore for 1 year (time required to make such insanely big games like Planet Stronghold 2 for example) with zero funding beside my own. It's just too risky! Also, there's to consider that even if I'd get the same kind of people backing me as the ones that would buy on Steam, it's better to have them on KS since they take much less % of income. Steam takes 35%, KS about 10%... at the end of the day it's going to make a big difference for small indies like me :)
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

That's understandable. Competition with indie games has gotten tougher, in both quality and quantity.

Personally, I haven't backed a Kickstarter project in a long time. Even if funded above their goal, many devs floundered due to underestimating the time and money needed to create such projects. However, because you have a long history of finishing projects on your own, I think your chances of success are better than most.

When it comes to convincing backers, your chances are better if you already have some work to show, like some video footage of a game or even a demo. Pitches that have nothing to show but a single screenshot/artwork is usually a sign that nothing meaningful will get done.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks, and yes I plan to have some kind of demo (maybe not long in term of words, but showing a good part of the gameplay at least).
Since I have always got people pre-ordering my games (luckily) now they'll just do it in KS in practice, plus I'll have some bonus stuff which some peope might find interesting (like possibility to write flavor texts on creature cards or create new spell cards, etc).
Not sure how it's going to go but I want to try :)
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

There needs to be a limited number of slots for that reward tier. The hard part though is deciding who to assign to each card given their finite number. It is a neat idea, but I'm worried what would happen if the backers ends up with a creature card they don't want.
Last edited by Jaeger on Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Considering there are 72 cards, I think should be safe, but otherwise the idea is that first ones to pledge will have a bigger choice so a sort of incentive to pledge first? All cards are more or less cool but depends on tastes of course.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Anyway as you probably saw by the subforum name change, I decided to call it "The Curse Of Mantras" since it involves both a main NPC (Mantras, the old man with beard that is some kind of arbiter throrough the whole game) and also a mystery to be discovered which can lead to an alternate endings. Well I've already said too much probably :lol:
Alex81
Woods ranger

Post by Alex81 »

Think I still got the old Undead Lily and the Elemental Avengers, playable demo on one of my old harddrives :D

Nice to see it's still being planned :)
Last edited by Alex81 on Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha that was ages ago, and even with different art! :)
OneTrueBaldo
Young scout

Post by OneTrueBaldo »

jack1974 wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:04 amI decided to call it "The Curse Of Mantras" since it involves both a main NPC (Mantras, the old man with beard that is some kind of *arbiter* throrough the whole game)...
Mantras' Play?
Mantras' Gambit?
Pawns of Mantras?

Oh well, who cares? The most important thing are allusive ads in skimpy costumes! :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Exactly, and the game has plenty of those :mrgreen: