development thread

Previously known simply as "Undead Lily" or "Undead Lily and The Elemental Avengers"
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: development thread

Post by jack1974 »

so great news. SOMEHOW (haha I basically did trial and error like 100 times ROFL) I managed to automatically assign spells to enemy heroes and they would use them almost in a clever way (it's a bit random so sometimes they make amazing choices, other times not but that's fine).

This was the biggest obstacle to get this game done I think. I am now going to work full speed on the gameplay part, and I really think I can get this done later this year (demo of course, not full game!).
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: development thread

Post by jack1974 »

Today I'm finishing the last storyboard of the character's past, the one of Aquaria (I left her for last for no particular reason, was just random).
It's crazy thinking that even if each route was 10k words, total just for the memories would be 120k words. Current count is 50k so minimum the game will be 170k words, plus there are also other main plot scenes.
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH :lol: this is not a short game! lol
Anyway, I'll take it easier to not get burned out but eventually I'll get to the end of this HUGE thing :)