development thread

Previously known simply as "Undead Lily" or "Undead Lily and The Elemental Avengers"
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: development thread

Post by jack1974 »

I've paused this in the last couple of months to finish some games (some very late like Summer In Trigue :oops:). But in September I plan to resume working on this. The goal would be to design ALL the cards (including the new "Cosmos" ones). In September will also be busy with another KS (if they let me do it this time lol). Anyway, I plan to keep working on CoM and maybe have finally the demo towards end of year, even if it's a crowded moment, it's not the game release so even if everyone is busy with AAA games I don't care much :mrgreen:
Rebly82
Woods ranger

Post by Rebly82 »

Definitely am looking forward to this game. The art designs and characters are just terrific and gorgeous! :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks. Now that Love Notes is done, I'll be working on this and release it next year !
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Current plan is to do the Kickstarter first, not sure yet when (I need to think if to start it now or wait after Christmas) and I am also going to participate in the Steam Fest next February. So my goal is to have a playable demo in early Feburary :shock: And hopefully release it sometimes in March/April 2022 :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The KS project got approved: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wi ... of-mantras
Now only need to decide when to launch it...!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Resuming development thread, today I almost finished the tutorial, this is the upgrade screen info:
I made a very detailed tutorial because my goal is to make this game a bit more casual than PSCD hoping that even people who aren't into card games will try the gameplay part.
In the easy difficulty will be hard to lose I think. But the hard difficulty should still be challenging!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Took a break yesterday after the loss of my cat, but today I made good progress again. I have the demo all done, I'm just playing it through several times to make sure it's not too unbalanced or that I messed up something.
I am considering if to have a "best of 3" system for each battle, but not sure. I mean, being a card game the RNG has a big impact. I can already foresee the negative reviews "the CPU cheats" on Steam :lol:
Playing at normal level I lost like 2-3 battles out of 20, so I fear it might be a bit too easy, but on the other hand I expect people to set Normal as difficulty, and only pick Hard if they're familiar with card games.
Anyway, might start a beta here before the Steam Fest so the version I put up there will be already more polished. I think even at end of the month!
fleetp
Druid

Post by fleetp »

You have my sympathies on the loss of your cat.
It broke my heart when we had to put down Julius (gray cat, well advanced in years, had an inoperable fast-growing tumor).
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes mine had same issue, cancer in the head and couldn't do surgery :(
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

I'm sure you gave your cat a good life and did the right thing at the end, hard as it is.

Best of 3 doesn't sound like a good idea to me, and I can already see the negative reviews, "artificially bloated gameplay", "too many battles", etc. :lol:

On the other hand, if you have "puzzle" fights where the AI starts with certain unique cards in play, like some fights in PSCD, it might not be the worst idea, IF we're able to modify decks in between fights. Even then, I would prefer to reload and only have to win once.

You already know I'm going to play Hard and judge hard! (But mostly fair.)