new art thread

Previously known simply as "Undead Lily" or "Undead Lily and The Elemental Avengers"
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: new art thread

Post by jack1974 »

I really hope next year, but of course depends also on writing and if other games are finished in the meanwhile (so I'll pause to do the beta/release process). I think end of 2017 should be a reasonable estimate all things considered! :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

difficulty selection screen. Nothing special but one less thing to worry about! :)
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

jack1974 wrote:Image
difficulty selection screen. Nothing special but one less thing to worry about! :)
Reminds me of something from Tim Burton; EPIC!!! :twisted:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha thanks, I did it in a hurry, will probably redo/polish the GUI for the final game release. But for now I don't want to be lost in small details like the GUI :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

doing the "status screen" was quite complex! :lol:
Since the writer wants to keep open the possibility to have a "neutral playthrough", I had to visualize both the Chaos/Order characters. I first made some tests with all the 12 characters at the top but was a big mess. So I decided to divide them by element (ha! I'm smart eh???).
Now you click on the element, and will show you the two corresponding characters (Order/Chaos).
In the middle, I will display the creatures/units they can summon (the ones unlocked so far in the game story).
Then I should also find a space to display the "spells" or "skills", which will be unique skilltrees for each character. I'm not sure where/how I'll display those at the moment :oops:
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Creature tab and a spell tab in the center. Clicking on the Order or Chaos character will show their spells (so maybe gray out of unselected character?). Clicking on characters I guess doesn't affect summons.

Kinda messy, but...
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes will try something like that. And no, the creatures are fixed based on the element, doing unique creatures for each character would have been nuts :)
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

I'm not excited for this game anymore :(
The girls I liked are on the Chaos side and I will never play with the Chaos Ace.
While I really liked Order Ace, I didn't like the girls on the Order side.

I will probably pass this one.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

artist finished new game battle screen GUI :o
Haha, I'm happy to be working on Cursed Lands and the other games right now but I'm really looking forward to get back and finish this one too! :)
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

Haha, even an undead being is hyped about that!

(There's a thumbs up from a skeleton I just noticed to the left of the cracked, leaning tombstone.)