Undead Lily gameplay reboot

Previously known simply as "Undead Lily" or "Undead Lily and The Elemental Avengers"
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Undead Lily gameplay reboot

Post by jack1974 »

No need, I just wanted to explain :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Aaand today Anima just emailed me, basically saying "we can have fixed turns in RPG framework, AND also have skills that can be attached to card creatures and the AI will use them" :lol:
Which means I'm probably going to ask Anima to do both things, just in case! Since I have more plans for future RPG/card games, of course until the new shiny RPG framework is finished, then probably the old one will become obsolete, even if there will be a period of transition (to learn the current one well took me 3 games and several months of coding!).
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

jack1974 wrote:Aaand today Anima just emailed me, basically saying "we can have fixed turns in RPG framework, AND also have skills that can be attached to card creatures and the AI will use them" :lol:
Which means I'm probably going to ask Anima to do both things, just in case! Since I have more plans for future RPG/card games, of course until the new shiny RPG framework is finished, then probably the old one will become obsolete, even if there will be a period of transition (to learn the current one well took me 3 games and several months of coding!).
We don't care about any of that, Jack, just
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

BobTheMob wrote:
jack1974 wrote:Aaand today Anima just emailed me, basically saying "we can have fixed turns in RPG framework, AND also have skills that can be attached to card creatures and the AI will use them" :lol:
We don't care about any of that, Jack, just
What BobtheMob said! 8)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

/writing down note: take people's money :lol:
Jokes apart, thank you :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Anima is working on the card framework changes, including defining cards with python Classes, like I did with Amber and the recipe/items. Using Classes instead of XML is MUCH MUCH faster, I can use inheritance on my advantage (if two cards share all the info except for example damage/targets I can duplicate it in 10 seconds without the need to make another XML file).

Meanwhile artist is finishing the GUI. So yes in practice right now I'm working on 3 things mainly: Cursed Lands, Undead Lily and Love Bites :)
TheSilverKnight
Young scout

Post by TheSilverKnight »

I have just discovered this game today... and I can guarantee you I will play it. Doesn't matter to me what style of gameplay it is, I've already been sold. Why must you empty my pockets when they have nothing in them, Jack?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha thanks. Luckily for your pockets will still take a while before it's finished :)
TheSilverKnight
Young scout

Post by TheSilverKnight »

Well it's not just this game; virtually all of your other games are also in my queue, and I have yet to buy any but Loren 1 due to how broke I am.