updated characters

Previously known simply as "Undead Lily" or "Undead Lily and The Elemental Avengers"
jack1974
Pack leader

updated characters

Post by jack1974 »

So as you know if you follow me on twitter, artist finished to draw all the cards, and as some noticed, the difference in style is big. It's because she did the first characters in 2007 :) so meanwhile she has improved a lot.
We thought to update the characters as well, otherwise the difference would have been too much.

She started sketching them, here's "Superfoxy" (might be a different name in the final game):

I like the new style, however a change I've asked her now is to keep the various gadgets/props of the previous ones. For example Superfoxy has all those cables, looks more "cybernetic" (as she should since is sort of half-robot). Aquaria had shell-bra and a sort of bikini made by pearls, and so on. I think is better, otherwise the characters would look a bit like generic superheroes :)
Rebly82
Woods ranger

Re: updated characters

Post by Rebly82 »

The art on the right, the character with the orange locks and glasses looks a lot better though. :lol:

But anything you do decide on, would turn out good, I'm sure! :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Of course, because the one on the left is a sketch, while the one on the right is "finalized". If you check the other thread there are examples of sketches vs final images :)
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

She really improved, I couldn't even know they are the same artist when I saw the creatures cards, the decision to redo them (based only on this sketch) was the right one.
And what a shame, she is the best looking female and its not possible to romance her with a male character.

Just a suggestion, could you change Ace's horn in the evil side? They are goof, not menancing, maybe to a horn like Lou from Guitar Hero.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

ValHallen wrote: And what a shame, she is the best looking female and its not possible to romance her with a male character.
Depends on tastes, I saw the new Aquaria sketch and looks good too :)
ValHallen wrote: Just a suggestion, could you change Ace's horn in the evil side? They are goof, not menancing, maybe to a horn like Lou from Guitar Hero.
Yeah I can do that!
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

jack1974 wrote:Depends on tastes, I saw the new Aquaria sketch and looks good too :)
You are such a tease :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

no more teasing! :wink:
I like both of them, I told artist to keep the original design but in new style. Please note that... ahem, those are the COVERED versions... :mrgreen: :oops: :P
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

Is glaze the evil nature char?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes exactly, check the first image in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2917
Though we'll probably change from "good/evil" to "order/chaos" :)
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

jack1974 wrote:Yes exactly, check the first image in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2917
Though we'll probably change from "good/evil" to "order/chaos" :)
Well thats a very small image to check :lol:, do you have a larger one? But I really like the new Glaze, she looks elegant and mature, she remembers me Emma Frost.
Aquaria looks like in her late teens with the big eyes, pearl piercing in her belly and ponytail (does she have freckle too? I'm not sure), nice change though.
Will there be a way to manually choose with characters we want to show with the covered version and with the uncovered version?

And who is "we"? Does this game have a new writer?