Undead Lily gameplay ?

Previously known simply as "Undead Lily" or "Undead Lily and The Elemental Avengers"
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Undead Lily gameplay ?

Post by jack1974 »

This is more a CCG game, so there aren't really "characters" but avatars. The current idea is described in this blog post: blog/2013/05/undead-lily-gameplay/
megaman12321
Young scout

Post by megaman12321 »

Hm, if one of the three avatars is out, then will they remain out the rest of the battle or does it reset the health? Also, it said one of the mains has to be present, but doesn't that kind of limit how many troops you have? Do you have teams of people at the same time or has that changed?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Each hero summons avatars in form of cards, not sure yet how many will be on the battlefield. If you know the game Spectromancer you have a good idea of what I'm thinking to do (of course will be different, but the layout could be similar).
megaman12321
Young scout

Post by megaman12321 »

jack1974 wrote:Each hero summons avatars in form of cards, not sure yet how many will be on the battlefield. If you know the game Spectromancer you have a good idea of what I'm thinking to do (of course will be different, but the layout could be similar).
Saw some gameplay, seems kind of chaotic with all those spells looking and such but I think I get the general gist of it. Never a big fan of CCG since usually I play people with super powered cards that devastate me. I suspect this will be somewhat more fair
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

megaman12321 wrote:Saw some gameplay, seems kind of chaotic with all those spells looking and such but I think I get the general gist of it. Never a big fan of CCG since usually I play people with super powered cards that devastate me. I suspect this will be somewhat more fair
Not to mention most of the games Jack1974 has released has also had the choices of 3 modes. I would imagine this one may have an 'easy' mode if it gets tough.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I'm necro-resurrecting this thread :lol:
Based on the recent events with PSCD, some people wondered what would be the gameplay of this game.
Well, obviously, NOT a card game anymore. I have a few ideas on how to do it, since there should still be some "battles". I need to do some experiments. The writer for now is writing the game independently - it's not like he needs to describe the battles anyway - and once I have the full plot, I'll start tinkering with the gameplay.

I think it's safe to say though that in future, apart some tested formula like RPG or raising/stat sims, I won't try to mix VN gameplay with other genres. I would probably make a gameplay only game. Or if I do it, will first try with A SMALL GAME to test the waters :)
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

That's a shame, because PSDC gameplay was good.
And I'm very pricky when it comes to TCG gameplay, played Magic for years (to the point I cant play it anymore).

But I understand your concern about the sales.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes I think some genre mix works, others not. I want to make more card games since in general I got positive comments about PSCD system, so at least it means I can do something good after all :lol: if UL was smaller I might even have tried it, but since will be another big game (one of the last to be so big probably) not worth risking.
Alex81
Woods ranger

Post by Alex81 »

The gameplay from the first techdemo completely off the table? :) Looked promising back then (or at least I personally thought so)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well the art is different now, so I should redraw all the sprites, and... of course that's not possible. Otherwise I'll go bankrupt just by redrawing the characters of games not yet out! :lol: