Undead Lily and The Elemental Avengers romance options

Previously known simply as "Undead Lily" or "Undead Lily and The Elemental Avengers"
jack1974
Pack leader

Undead Lily and The Elemental Avengers romance options

Post by jack1974 »

Some news: spent the whole morning trying to calculate budget, amount of coding needed, and so on, since I'm at a good point, where I can start plan the actual game production and release schedule.
The bad news is that I won't be able to let player choose gender in the game. It would require too much investment (just think about all the romance subplots and CG that would need to be done x2!).
The good news is that I will be very likely able to release an add on / sequel (I like the name "Ace's Revenge") in which you'll be able to control Ace and date some of the characters that you couldn't in the first episode.

Check the flow chart below, this is how I'm planning to do it, you can see all the possible romances in the game. In practice 2 hetero and 2 homo romance for each good/evil main character!
UPDATE:
Had to change slightly the romances for gameplay reasons, so there will be 1 less hetero option, and you won't be able to do "cross-alignment" romance (evil and good). You'll be able to change between good/evil Lily, but the other team members won't change alignment (I realized would be an insane amount of work to check all possible combinations).
Still there are 10 scenes for each romance, so: 10 scenes x 5 dateable heroes x 2 alignments = 100 romance scenes!!! this game will have the biggest romance subplots of all the one I've done so far! 8)
pysali
Young scout

Re: Undead Lily and The Elemental Avengers romance options

Post by pysali »

This looks like an ambitious game, but really good. I have a real soft spot for superhero games and I really loved your other RPG so I'm super excited for this. I do think it's interesting that in Undead Lily one of the Evil Fire characters isn't a romance option while the other one is available for good/evil Lily and in Ace's Revenge it's the opposite Good Fire character. I think that's interesting. I also think some people will disagree with you on the possibility of Ace/Lily being able to find time to romance, but that's closer to the realm of writing fanfic and making fanart then needing to be included in the game. :wink:

Also I like that there's a good mix of good/evil across the genders. I've seen some of the character art from your other threads here and I kind of like the cheesecake risque of the female characters outfits. It looks cute and cartoony, while still being sexy and over-the-top a la comic books. Hopefully at least one of the male teammates is also in a sexy risque outfit to help counterbalance all the female skimpy outfits. :D I also like that many of the Elemental Avengers are bisexual, being straight in one game, but gay in another so yay implied bisexuality!

I don't mind Lily's evil outfit, it feels more...I think off the top of my head 'skanky' is the closest word I can think of, than her good outfit because of the exposed stomach and crisscross top to emphasize her breasts, but otherwise it is pretty similar to her good outfit with the stockings and garters. I think her good outfit just looks a bit classier because it's a bustier so for me the lines look cleaner, though her Evil ram's horns are bitching. I usually like playing as a female in games when I have the option because, you know I am one and yay female leads, but I will admit to being intrigued by Ace N. Eight as well. I'm curious to see where this game is going and whether it will be two episodes back-to-back in a continuous storyline or the same overall events narrated from different point of views and being skewed by Undead Lily and Ace N. Eights own personalities (kind of like they're both unreliable narrators so you can't quite trust either of their stories and one of them might imagine an event to be radically different from the other ones description of the event).

No matter what I hope it's successful and fun. I want more indie RPG's that can push the envelope in terms of gameplay and story and try out different genres.

Perch (I couldn't get that name for my User because it wasn't enough characters).
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks and glad you liked the romance associations :)
The boys in effect are a bit more covered (except Humus, the Nature guy) but I promise the romance CG will be quite interesting! :wink:
pysali wrote: I'm curious to see where this game is going and whether it will be two episodes back-to-back in a continuous storyline or the same overall events narrated from different point of views and being skewed by Undead Lily and Ace N. Eights own personalities (kind of like they're both unreliable narrators so you can't quite trust either of their stories and one of them might imagine an event to be radically different from the other ones description of the event).
Well is a bit weird to say "different story" because the whole story takes place in a sort of Limbo where time has no meaning, so it's like if the battles they fight repeat forever in an endless loop :) but what I mean is that both games will have different dialogues for the various romance options, but as for the "main story" will indeed be similar, also because the game is more a RPG/strategy hybrid (there will be a sort of map to conquer). So while there are lots of romance dialogues (20 different subplots! 10 on each game) the main story will remain very similar.
Rebly82
Woods ranger

Post by Rebly82 »

This looks really good, with the characters perfectly unique! And I appreciate how there are more romance options for every kind of taste. Gazing at the chart, it almost seem as if you are promoting a new anime series than a game, which makes it more exciting. :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks :) together with Loren Amazon Princess, this is one of the most ambitious game I've ever made 8)
SpectralTime
Woods ranger

Post by SpectralTime »

I can't say I'm crazy about having to buy an expansion to play as a guy, but I understand why you've made that decision.

Maybe I'll do a celibate run, if the system's interesting enough...

Anyway, thank you and good luck.
Moonstruck Muse
Young scout

Post by Moonstruck Muse »

Sounds fun! I am glad to see lots of variations in the romance options, both gender-preference wise and good vs evil wise! This definitely has me very, very excited for the game!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

SpectralTime wrote:I can't say I'm crazy about having to buy an expansion to play as a guy, but I understand why you've made that decision.

Maybe I'll do a celibate run, if the system's interesting enough...

Anyway, thank you and good luck.
Well, I might simply sell two separate versions (have to decide yet). Like the first game $19.99 when is out, then the first+second $29.99 or if you don't care about playing the female version, you can just get the second only for $19.99 again.
The one to come out first will be the "female version" though since that plot has been already written and some romance CG are in the works :mrgreen:
Moonstruck Muse wrote:Sounds fun! I am glad to see lots of variations in the romance options, both gender-preference wise and good vs evil wise! This definitely has me very, very excited for the game!
Thanks, hope the idea I have for the gameplay will also be fun, since is something quite new for me 8)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

A small update:
Had to change slightly the romances for gameplay reasons, so there will be 1 less hetero option, and you won't be able to do "cross-alignment" romance (evil and good). You'll be able to change between good/evil Lily, but the other team members won't change alignment (I realized would be an insane amount of work to check all possible combinations).
Still there are 10 scenes for each romance, so: 10 scenes x 5 dateable heroes x 2 alignments = 100 romance scenes!!! this game will have the biggest romance subplots of all the one I've done so far! 8)

(also edited first post to reflect those changes)
pysali
Young scout

Post by pysali »

I can understand the not wanting to do cross alignment (I'll admit I was excited at the idea of having someone be a 'secret' boyfriend/girlfriend for Lily/Ace from the opposite team and have to struggle to juggle being team leader and liking someone they're not supposed to like) that would probably be a logistical nightmare to code making sure there aren't constant errors being thrown like having Evil Undead Lily randomly getting into a relationship with someone that is supposed to be exclusive to 'good' Lily.

So each alignment now gets 4 dating options 2 hetero and 2 homosexual? I don't mind this split and that would mean that canonically Good Air (Superfoxxy?) and Evil Water would be gay and Evil Air and Good Life would be hetero. That's a lot of romance options for players of every flavor in each game. That's a crazy amount of romancing per game (is super excited).