Undead Lily techdemo

Previously known simply as "Undead Lily" or "Undead Lily and The Elemental Avengers"
jack1974
Pack leader

Undead Lily techdemo

Post by jack1974 »

temp/ULTest.zip
it's a zip with PC/Mac/Linux combined archive of a small techdemo of my upcoming semi-real time battle system.
I'm particularly interested to know if runs badly (too slow) since I'm pushing Ren'Py again to the limits, the game has animated backgrounds and lots of big transparent sprites so uses quite a lot of VRAM.
You can only move left/right using the arrows right now :D
Note that in the game, you won't be able to move quickly left or right, so don't consider the "skipping" you see if you quickly press the keys since that will never happen in the game.
Moonstruck Muse
Young scout

Re: Undead Lily techdemo

Post by Moonstruck Muse »

I'm not entirely sure with your description of "you can only move left or right" means that eventually we can move up and down, or if it means that the attack button is broken, sorry!

If the attack button is intended to work, it seems to have a problem on the mac version. When I move around it works smoothly (I love the animated backgrounds by the way) and doesn't lag. The problem is when I hit attack it zooms in as Aquaria jumps up, then very, very, slowly floats down (this part seems to lag for me), and the two just stand there on the zoomed in screen. If I hit the left or right arrow key after that, the background jumps around unevenly, and Undead Lily vanishes (but Aquaria stays on the screen). I hope I'm making sense!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No no, that's "normal" :lol: I just added a zoom in effect to see how it would look but does nothing else, and indeed also breaks Aquaria position on screen (sometimes goes up/down and offscreen).
Carmentis
Young scout

Post by Carmentis »

Tried it out as well and no lag here on my own computer. Haven't tried it on the comp downstairs but I must say I'm very pleased with the moving background and such. It's very eye catching and makes me want to play more to be honest. :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Cool. Had lots of people test it, even on VERY LOW END computers and they were all able to "at least play it", so I'm happy. Of course, on better PC will be smoother but you can still play it even on 4-5 years old computers which is a kind of record in modern games that force you to upgrade every 6 months :lol: