Undead work in progress....

Previously known simply as "Undead Lily" or "Undead Lily and The Elemental Avengers"
ValHallen
Druid

Re: Undead work in progress....

Post by ValHallen »

jack1974 wrote:What do you mean exactly? Writer is going to write first Lily's version, then Ace's one. I think could do like Roommates and let people buy separately the two versions, though I'm not sure yet.
If its going to be a full game or the "Ace's Revenge" expansion
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

I'm all for it, as long as it won't be another case like Nicole. while I have little interest in the Ace side of the game (lily all the way!), I know what it's like to have to wait a long time for something (Though I have faith nicole yuri is going to be incredible!)
Last edited by Sylrissa on Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No the stories are going to be same length: male / female, no differences in length. As I posted already (I think?) some romance dialogues will be probably shared (a bit like what happens in Loren) changing only the gender/pronouns, but each gender will have some exclusive dialogues.
It's still early in the works so things might change, is hard to give you a reply now :) But I don't plan Ace story to be a DLC or anything, will be another version of the story, same length.
I also don't know if I'll make first Lily's version or like Roommates release both versions at once, I would prefer this option so the game gets tested one time and is faster :) and as Sylrissa said, is better to not make "one side" of fans waiting too much (even if of course Nicole delay wasn't planned :lol:)
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

There is something I wonder about the Chaos vs Order thing.
In the Order side, can I be something like this http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... ghtTemplar ?
And in the Chaos side, can I be something like this http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... WhatsRight ?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Hm that question would be better answered by the writer... I know he wants to introduce himself here, so maybe this post could be a good moment to do it :)
From what I've read though, there isn't a BLACK/WHITE distinction between Order/Chaos in terms of ethic/moral choices etc. I think it could be more fair to say that you can be more or less order/chaos in percentages.
Like: Not 100% Order and 0% Chaos. But 70% Order, 30% Chaos.
Lol I hope I managed to explain myself and not made even more confusion !
FenCayne
Young scout

Post by FenCayne »

ValHallen wrote:There is something I wonder about the Chaos vs Order thing.
Apologies for taking so long to get back to you on this. Chaos vs Order in Undead Lily has nothing to do with good and evil. The alignments could more accurately be labelled Anarchy vs Hierarchy (but without the violent connotations the term anarchy has, despite the fact governments have killed tens of millions more civilians than so-called anarchists ever have...). However, chaos sounds much more exciting and less 'political'. In fact, the concepts of good and evil don't really exist in the game at all as far as player choice goes. In game terms, the choice of alignment chiefly determines who you can romance and influences the ending you get and the route by which you get it.
FenCayne
Young scout

Post by FenCayne »

Sylrissa wrote:I'm all for it, as long as it won't be another case like Nicole. while I have little interest in the Ace side of the game (lily all the way!), I know what it's like to have to wait a long time for something (Though I have faith nicole yuri is going to be incredible!)
You may be comforted to know I'm writing Lily first, so for sure Lily's story will be there from the beginning, but the intention is to release the game with both routes completely finished. Same with Roger Steel.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yeah beside I'll need some time to design the gameplay. I COULD (not saying I'll do it) release one path first to start beta testing (to gain time) but the plan is to officially release the complete package at once :)
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

Just because a government exists doesn't mean that it or the society which it governs is well-ordered. While it is true that order isn't necessarily just in and of itself, at least it has both the power and the motive to reign in predators who operate outside its auspices. The problem with anarchy or a poorly functioning government is that power abhors a vacuum, and it won't be long before several groups who mostly don't deserve power attempt to seize it and go to war against each other, with everyone else caught in the middle.

Human beings don't seem to be able to live in a peaceful state of anarchy. There are always some who will ruin it for everyone else by preying on those around them, forcing the rest to band together and create some sort of order.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Update: reading a bunch of new texts this morning. A very good job in my opinion so far. I particularly liked this passage, Lily talking with Ash about... bodily functions :mrgreen: (ul is Undead Lily, ah = Ash)
ul "What does that mean?"
ah "I guess you'll see when you come by to see us in our own digs."
ul "So it's open house here all the time then? Just like my place?"
ah "Sure. Why not? Just like family, babe."
ul "No privacy, then?"
ah "Ain't nothing to be private about. No bodies. No bodily functions. Bears don't shit in the woods no more; and folks don't shit in their digs."
ul "Wow. No defecation. No eating. No drinking. No sex. This is sure a fun place."
ah "Whoa, girl. Hold those horses. Muzzle that dog. Who said anything about no sex?"
ul "Well, it's a bodily function isn't it?"
ah "Mind blown, babe. Mind totally blown. Dressed like that I'd say you woulda once known better than that. Saying sex is a bodily function is like saying... the sun is a useful source for heat. So much more, man. So much more."
ah "Sure the body performs, the body goes through the motions but the act, the act, babe, it penetrates the mind."