Humble Bundle Registering

Fantasy RPG game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/lorenamazonprincess.htm
menomaminx
Young scout

Re: Humble Bundle Registering

Post by menomaminx »

Same problem.....and no,I won't deal with steam.Please fix it.

btw,You shouldn't be selling a censored product on humble bundle(or anywhere) without labels as to which download sources are censored)--it's shady.
Glad I opt out of steam when I can.....you've given me yet another reason.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

What is the problem exactly ? you can't register the game?
It's not shady - I was FORCED TO DO IT. It wasn't MY CHOICE. Many appstores simply won't allow the game unless is censored, like mobile, Steam, etc.

But fear not, I found a "trick", at least for Steam, putting a file that if you delete it, will allow uncensored version, as explained here:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/257970/di ... 240141951/

Anyway regarding Humble if you got a serial code, you can try to download the demo from my site to unlock it, it should work (are compatible).
menomaminx
Young scout

Post by menomaminx »

The problem "exactly" is that I am a disabled gamer that relies on Dragon NaturallySpeaking voice recognition software to type for the most part, and your software puts me in a position of trying to reason with you via the Dragon or lose the characters I've become attached to via of the software – two years put in as an IGN moderator makes me think I'm going to lose, but since that's a decade ago, maybe people have become reasonable ;-)

The game can't be registered via humble bundle, as it accepts the registration and just reverts back to the original question registration – I have screenshots.

The download from your site does not accept the humble bundle code – I just tried it.

Give me a list of app stores that do not censor your product,, and I'll use those – and I sincerely doubt humble bundle told you not to label that the steam and Windows downloads have different content games – that was your choice {even if steam imposed censorship, your personal source Windows file would not be under the same restriction and should be labeled as such to give people a choice}

I wish to avoid using steam, once again. Will you please just fix the problem on the Windows download.

While you're at it, if you could also fix the issue with the stores number of items slider getting stuck at maximum and requiring multiple exits and reentering of the menu to unstick it and also the bug concerning the staff you can never sell {although it claims to seven, the merchant always offers zero and then refuses to take it off my hands – it's taking up inventory space needlessly}.

There's also bug claiming I need a DirectX update for 32-bit systems – I'm running 64 bit Windows 7 ultimate, but I went along with the update anyway, which fixed nothing so I took the option to reverse it. Every once in a while I still see the request to run that update on start up – but not all the time – it's very inconsistent.

On another note, fix my problem and I'll buy pretty much anything along the same lines of this game from you – humble bundle is my favorite game seller. I rarely buy from anybody else unless it's direct from the game makers themselves or on rare occasion something for console gaming.

If I didn't really like your work, I wouldn't be taking the time to try and make it better by telling you what was wrong with it. Try to keep this in mind as you're feeling insulted right now – I own easily over 1000 console games alone that I haven't gotten around to yet, and yet I'm choosing to play yours – that's a compliment.

Until I got hit with a demo message I never expected, your game was making a chronic pain patient very happy even though I was pretty much confined to the couch most the time I was playing and should have been far more miserable for it.

At the risk of iterating, your verification system for Windows download is not working. Please fix it. Please do not send me to steam.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Sorry if I seemed rude but I get a lot of messages every day from people unable to type a code! But indeed most of them are from people that bought from my site, I am unsure about Humble (the build I uploaded there is old). I think will just upload a "full installer" DRM-Free on Humble, probably is the easiest solution. I wanted to do that anyway, so better to do it now :)
I think will take a few days before it's live there (I can't update it myself but need to send the build to them), will update the thread when it is!
menomaminx
Young scout

Post by menomaminx »

Thank you :-)

Hopefully that fixes it.

I looked over at the steam thing you linked to, and a couple of people are having software lockouts with it – you might want to check on them.

In the meantime, since you're uploading to humble bundle anyway, do you feel like taking a fan request and uploading the next nearest in style game to this one for sale at humble bundle? Which game would it be?

I should be through my spring sale backlog sometime around the first {xpadder dependent games noninclusive}, so I'll probably be new game hunting around then.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Do you buy also with BMT? it's the vendor I mainly use. Humble is cool, but for some things lacks functionality (affiliate sales, several reporting tools) so I don't have many games there (only Loren and Roommates).
Buying from my site (with BMT) is quite similar to Humble, and the serial codes works :lol:
menomaminx
Young scout

Post by menomaminx »

these people?
http://blog.bmtmicro.com/how-to-promote ... -a-budget/

Love the order on cd option being offered{can't wait to tell my girlfriend about it, since she programs games too – and is a stickler for backup CDs}, however, I can't find a storefront that the actual vendors sell from. The website appears to be just for vendors to set up direct sales from their own websites – and I've never actually noticed this particular storefront being used by anyone before since I don't always pay attention to which ones the game makers I buy directly from are using.

Is there a storefront or is it just each game maker sets them up on their individual site as an interface for sales?

The reason I favor humble, aside from the convenience of indie developer intros I might not have found out my own and cool sales, is a guilt free factor of the charity hook. I can spend too much or even buy a bad game and I have a lame excuse to get by on as to why it wasn't a bad purchase come balancing the budget time ;-)

Is BMT the same vendor that just wouldn't take the humble code that I downloaded from your site a little while ago? In which case, the serial codes don't work :-(

Roommates is the next closest to Loren in gameplay style or just the only other game you have up on that site, regardless of where I buy?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

menomaminx wrote:Is there a storefront or is it just each game maker sets them up on their individual site as an interface for sales?
Yes in practice they provide the backend, if you click buy on my site, you'll see it goes to their server even if the layout is the same.
menomaminx wrote:Is BMT the same vendor that just wouldn't take the humble code that I downloaded from your site a little while ago? In which case, the serial codes don't work :-(
The downloads are from my site, not BMT. It's strange though that the serial didn't work now that I think about it, maybe will email you another one in private to test tomorrow (here is late and I'm about to go to sleep).
menomaminx wrote:Roommates is the next closest to Loren in gameplay style or just the only other game you have up on that site, regardless of where I buy?
It should be on Humble, though is not really similar to Loren since is not a RPG/fantasy, but has more variety of romances and writing quality. The only other RPG is Season Of The Wolf but has more gameplay so I think you'd best try the demo first to see if you like it (you can find the demos on my site of all games to see if you like any).