Question About Story

Fantasy RPG game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/lorenamazonprincess.htm
Deathblow
Young scout

Question About Story

Post by Deathblow »

Hello!

First post. Just finished the game. Loved it! Made me sad. I played with Saren and romanced Loren. Broke a lot of hearts.

I have one question about the plot I hope someone can answer. I will try and use the spoiler option.
Spoiler:
In the first chapter, why does Fost care about the Amazon queen, Karen? I know Karen runs away with Ryzom. However, why does this matter? Why were Grob and/or Fost out to get her in the first place? How did they even know she ran off with Ryzom? The story makes it out as if that was planned and so was her capture (in the first Fost cut scene). Was there some prophecy about the Amazon queen that I did not know about? What was the queen doing in the swamps? I followed the Elf path. Does the Empire path have a different explanation?
Thank you for any replies. I really enjoyed the game but I feel I missed something...
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Question About Story

Post by jack1974 »

I don't think/remember it was explained well in the story (has been a long time since I read it in details) but
Spoiler:
you can assume that since Loren is the only one who can wield the holy swords (Ember/Hawk Blade) she could be a treat to the Demons plan of attack. And later when she'll show that she can lead an army against her, will show that the Demons were right to fear her. So the kidnapping of her mother was a distraction to keep her out of the game.
Deathblow
Young scout

Re: Question About Story

Post by Deathblow »

Hi,

Thanks for the reply! It is an interesting take. I thought something similar:
Spoiler:
I believe the demons knew the Amazon queen would be trouble, likely by some divination or omniscience by Jul. When they had the opportunity to rid themselves of the queen, they took it. Loren was likely an accident since she only discovered the Hawk/Ember Blade by coincidence, in the Vork Lair or by being arrested by the Empire (as set up by Grob). Jul, again using omniscience, knew the queen left the Citadel with her servant. In the cut scene, Fost asks Jul if there were any complications. Jul said that Loren was looking for her mother and was very determined. So, I do not believe that kidnapping her mother was meant as a distraction. If anything, they probably wanted her to abandon her mother and take the role of queen, as Breza suggested, and because that is Citadel law.

It could be that the prophecy, or Jul's divination of the queen of the Amazons, was right but the wrong queen! Loren is pronounced as the next queen as soon as she returns to the Citadel with her mother.
As Oogway said in Kung Fu Panda: "One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it."