the benefits of surprise (and the artwork)

Fantasy RPG game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/lorenamazonprincess.htm
nullzero
Young scout

Re: the benefits of surprise (and the artwork)

Post by nullzero »

Interesting. Do you know if the same delays happen in the other western visual novel devs? Is it something like a common trait part of the "artists trade", as in a lack of adequate project/time management skill, like one could say about the IT/engineering people lack of social skills?

I love roguelikes and so on, but having an art intensive hybrid would be much more interesting. I still dream of a ren'Py procedural generated visual dungeon crawl roguelite. Its been on my todo list for ages, even if not just as an open source prototype with creative commons assets (openclipart).

I've seen a few other Visual novels / dating sims / etc. trying to go that route as a mini game (Magical Diary?) but the only ones fully venturing steadily down the RPG path have been yours starting with Planet Stronghold, Loren and now SOTW.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

nullzero wrote:Interesting. Do you know if the same delays happen in the other western visual novel devs? Is it something like a common trait part of the "artists trade", as in a lack of adequate project/time management skill, like one could say about the IT/engineering people lack of social skills?
Yes absolutely. I won't make names because is not polite, but many other indies had delays of even ONE YEAR because of issues with artists. And I know other who make x10 times more than me, paying A LOT of money to artists having the same issues (of course, in a smaller scale since when you start paying such amount you expect a more professional behavior, but still). So really seems based on the artist's personality more than how much you pay him/her.

And a dungeon-crawler is in my to-do list. I tried to do that already back in 2009 but was too early, now I think I could do a decent job :)
nullzero
Young scout

Post by nullzero »

No need to give names. I just wanted the general idea, which you just gave :)

And for the dungeon crawler, i'll just say... Yay!