Steam testing begins!

Fantasy RPG game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/lorenamazonprincess.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Steam testing begins!

Post by jack1974 »

No the fix is the same, but is the first time I heard about such a problem on Mac :shock:
Have you tried reinstalling the game from Steam ? delete everything and redownload (the savegames will be kept). Seems strange that you have that problem!
Samven
Young scout

Post by Samven »

Just tried reinstalling and still no luck, I'm afraid. Even after I've deleted everything, the Steam version just keeps taking me to the New Game screen when I click "Get the expansion". Hrm. :\
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

What Mac OS are you using ?
Samven
Young scout

Post by Samven »

Snow Leopard, OSX 10.6.8

(I'm just thinking, should I be messaging or emailing you all of this? Don't want to seem like I'm clogging up this particular thread with lots of short questions and answers.)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes sent you an email :)
Fearsome
Young scout

Post by Fearsome »

For Spirited Heart- I strongly suggest making it about 15$ max for both parts of the game, seeing as once you break 11$ for a core game with optional expansions and 16$ for a complete game, people become much harsher on games.

I personally think Spirited Hear 2 would make a fantastic kickstarter, and you could use Spirited Heart as a great demo/promotion for the core of the game, but that's just me. (Especially once you have 100% of the writing done.)

As to Loren, I am looking forward to playing through it again, though I am very sad that we had to remove the more mature options.
A thought for this- dunno if it's feasible, is to make it an optional expansion pack. Like the Girls Love option in Spirited, etc. That way it would only need to go in once, and would be separate to the main game, and thus not drive away traffic.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

In my experience, what people say and actual sales are very different :mrgreen:
However Spirited Heart is an old title so for sure if gets in I wouldn't price it like Loren.

As for Loren sexy content is only Steam version that was affected, on the version on my site you can choose. And if you load a savegame with the option enable, it works also on Steam (a very simple workaround that players found immediately :lol:).
faerirose
Young scout

Post by faerirose »

Whoa! Life happened (moved to a different continent, among other things) so I haven't checked out the Loren board for a long time. CONGRATULATIONS on getting Loren on Steam! I thought I'd replay the game and wanted to make sure I had the most updated version so I checked the board and what do I see? A thread about Steam testing :shock: I hope it's doing really well.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Welcome back! The game is already on Steam by the way now :mrgreen: