Steam testing begins!

Fantasy RPG game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/lorenamazonprincess.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Steam testing begins!

Post by jack1974 »

OK so I have 9 keys for Loren on Steam. The game will be officially out later in January, but I can have some people test it before. So with this key you'll unlock the game sooner in practice.
I can ask more keys of course, those who bought the game from me, can have it, no worries.

BUT in this specific case, I'd like people who promise me that will REPLAY THE GAME FROM START TO THE END :mrgreen:
Because I need to test everything before the release! So if you are one of those let me know and I'll send you a key to test by email.

The game is still missing some final texts adjustments by Aleema, and the covered version of Amukiki/Elenor romance, so I'd ask that you wait before doing the final romances. I can test those myself anyway.
Note that the save folder is the same, so you could in theory load savegames from the "non-Steam version". But I would prefer if you start a new game, maybe renaming the old folder, to make a more accurate testing!
You can see where is the save folder in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2971 simply rename the folder to something like "Loren_Amazon_Princess2" and you will be able to reuse those saves later if needed.

A final notice, by default the Castle Of N'Mar expansion is DISABLED. Clicking in the main menu "get the expansion" will open Steam store to buy the DLC, but of course now doesn't work since the DLC is not out yet :lol:
I am not sure if I can somehow enable the DLC too, I'll ask them in the next days and let you know.
Ophelianime
Young scout

Re: Steam testing begins!

Post by Ophelianime »

Oh what fun! I'm tempted to ask for a key, but with my full time job and perfectionism, I don't think I'd be able to get through the whole game in time to give you valid feedback. But I can't wait to start playing! Draco WILL be in the sequel right?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes of course Draco will be in the sequel :)
About the testing I'm mostly interested in serious bugs, if there are small things is not a problem since luckily I can update Steam version whenever I want, even after is live. As long as it doesn't crash after 1h of play will be OK :lol:
Ailantan
Young scout

Post by Ailantan »

I will test Rei for sure. I would like a key :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Sure will send it, I need to update a small thing first. By the way if anyone has Steam on Mac or Linux would be good to know, to test it there too :)
Espurr
Young scout

Post by Espurr »

So, me and a friend would love to test it out on Steam for you(My friend mentioned he'd gladly make a user here to request a key personally if this would be a problem). Sadly we don't have a Mac or a Linux but I'm a huge fan of the game and completed all the achievements in the past and genuinely believe I can be of atleast some use! Kinda lost my progress when I got a new computer anyways, so I'd love to get it all done again. Are you treating us with a new soundtrack as well?! I feel spoilt!
Anyways, hope me and/or my friend will be of some use to you and if not; best of luck with your Steam release(*cheer*) and I'll be sure to support you with my wallet as soon as more of your fantastic games come rolling out! :)
Restraint Pokémon
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks! I am currently rebuilding it to include a version that should run also on Linux (I'm installing SteamOS on a Mac running VirtualBox! :lol:), so will be delayed a bit but worse case I'll be able to send the keys tomorrow :)
nullzero
Young scout

Post by nullzero »

:o Count me in!
jack1974 wrote:[...] By the way if anyone has Steam on Mac or Linux would be good to know, to test it there too
Also I have steam on Linux and would rather playtest in this platform if possible. If necessary I also have steam installed in a windows partition but its more work related and I only have it in my laptop. I also played before till the 3rd chapter with the linux version, so the computers should be able to run it.
Svanhildr
Young scout

Post by Svanhildr »

I have all the time in the world to test in case you need more people.
I've always wanted to help test games and provide feedback and bug testing :)
Meep :3
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Cool, nullzero I might contact you first then, since I *think* I made it run on Linux but I can't manage to install it :lol: Tried to install SteamOS but failed so now I'm downloading ubuntu that should run Steam. But if you can try meanwhile, better :)