The Codex

Fantasy RPG game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/lorenamazonprincess.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: The Codex

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, in practice like in Dragon Age where you have each demon associated to a Sin. Hmm I wonder what sin Jul would be associated with ???? :lol:
Anyway I thought about that, it could be a good idea.
tnek89
Young scout

Post by tnek89 »

What is nameless pimply old elder druid's name? XD :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

:lol: his name is Master Acneus Pimpledoodle!
(hope Aleema is not reading the forums, I'm destroying all the magic atmosphere she created with the story!)
tnek89
Young scout

Post by tnek89 »

How did Master Pimpledoodle die? Is he in anyway blood related to Myrth? Exactly how many pimple did he have?
jtitor
Young scout

Post by jtitor »

I think questions about Saren's childhood and Elenor's tribe will be answered in sequel :] After all it will be their story. ('Loren' as the origin makes me wonder about how epic it will be xD)
What we know so far:

Saren:
-His father was an imperial soldier and his mother was one of the strongest Amazon warriors
-At some point of his life, Saren became a servant and bodygurd. His mistress genuinely cared about him and kept him close (and possibly became his mother figure)
-He can still see his mother, but can't talk to her (first conversation with Apolimesho: "My mother was an Amazon in case you forgot. I can't see my father anymore, but I can see her... even if only secretly")
-He's father is likely dead, but he knew him or knew of him
-He was allowed few privileges that differed him from other slaves due to his skills and role (which player can pick)
-Saren had a specific job at the Citadel
-He was sleeping in slave pen where most slaves were kept, unknown for how long
-He took part in Provings

Elenor:
-She was kidnapped by orcs as a child. Amazons killed them and she swore her servitude as a way of thanking them for saving her life.
-She, like Saren, served a caring mistress possibly having the same relationship with her
-She doesn't know of whereabouts of her clan
-We don't know anything about her parents
-She is considered unattractive by Amazon standards
-She hardly knows anything of elven culture, due to the young age she was abducted
-The rest is basically like Saren's path

So my questions are:
-What exactly are Provings? Do Amazons participate or is it all slave party?
-It's an easy guess that male children are taken from Amazons, not necessarily with their consent. Does the status of their mother makes any difference for where they were placed or how they're treated? After all, even Queen might have a boy.
-Can female slaves procreate?
-What are consequences of relationships between slaves?
-Are half-demons possible? (Not in the Mesphit way)
-Do Saren and Elenor exist in the same universe?

I wouldn't say that Amazons are 'nazi camp' but they do have a harsh culture. Fortunately with a Loren as a Queen there's going to be some radical reforms and it will be interesting to see them in sequel :mrgreen: Especially since not only Amazons are going to change. You guys have some mess on your heads, I don't envy you :wink:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I can try to answer some questions. Of course those answers refers to before Loren is Queen, so when rules were much more strict:
-It's an easy guess that male children are taken from Amazons, not necessarily with their consent. Does the status of their mother makes any difference for where they were placed or how they're treated? After all, even Queen might have a boy.
Yes, I think the son of a Queen, even if male, would be treated differently from the son of a lower-level Amazon, so he might be allowed to stay, officially as "slave" but in practice treated better :)

-Can female slaves procreate?
Hmm that's a good question. I think the answer is no this time! Not just that, but probably if some female was found pregnant... it wasn't going to be nice :oops:

-What are consequences of relationships between slaves?
I'd say that they were forbidden, at least officially. This might change based on their masters but in general not allowed

-Are half-demons possible? (Not in the Mesphit way)
Yes, even if nobody dared to try procreating with a Demon. What, you'd like to try to procreate with Jul? Hmm I wouldn't mind too! :lol: Jokes apart, yes I think would be cool if was possible even if probably quite uncommon. It would be nice in some later future game to have some true half human/half demon 8)

I think in general, before Loren was Queen, rules were quite strict but I like to think that it would change case by case. Some really "nazi" Amazon Queen might even kill her own son if was a male, others might send them away to live in Grimoire knowing they would have a better life, and so on. In practice the "official rules" are one thing, then there are the single characters each one with their own morality/ethics.
jtitor
Young scout

Post by jtitor »

Wow, thank you for the quick answer :D
I'm not going to lie, Jul *was* on my mind when I was asking that question :lol: It would be kinda weird otherwise xD

I was asking for procreation mostly because of lack of any contraception apart from possibly doctors, herbalists and mages probably(thinking Dragon Age now, and circles). But since it's Citadel, and after all Amazons can't keep an eye on slaves all the time, as far as possible relationships and flings between slaves go, I suspected they initially sterilized female slaves to be certain they won't have children. It's not like one day they could retire and have a family : /
On less depressing note, the story goes in the direction of change so yeah :mrgreen:

Edit: Not trying to be weird, just that would be kinda big angst factor with Elenor
Aleema
Official writer

Post by Aleema »

There is no reason why slaves would be sterilized. If they reproduce, that's free slaves - ones that have never tasted freedom. Remember, this is a society that likes women, however militant. Doing a horrible thing to women isn't really on their agenda.

Myrth's mother is Lasha and she died of old age. All of Myrth's ancestors are druids. I originally wanted to make Rei's mother actually be Myrth's mother (that Lasha secretly had an affair with an elf man, but lied to Rei to keep it a secret, since it was forbidden), but I never got around to it. I forgot why I dropped it. I think there were continuity problems.

What do you mean "wandering warrior troll guy"? Demons should be better explored in the next game, hopefully.

Saren's father was captured during the Old War. The Amazons were not involved in the Old War, and he made the mistake of trying to ask for their help. Saren's mother was a champion of the Provings. It was rumored that she was stronger than the Queen and that Karen would try to kill her to thwart any plans of usurping her, but actually they were loyal friends. Karen does not know that Saren is her friend's son (since no one ever discusses their son - especially not to the Queen). But Saren knows, so he doesn't fear Karen and instead respects her, because she was kind to his mother.

Elenor's parents are no longer living. They weren't isolationists, but radicals of another sort. They were edged out of the forest for sympathizing with the dark elves, where they came upon orcs ... that were their end.

Grob was a pet goblin of some cultists, where he learned to speak and secretly learned their magic. He killed them to free himself, finding refuge with Fost.

Karen's mother died of ritual suicide. She had become deathly ill and instead of being seen as weak from her sickness, she killed herself in high honor. Her name was Uren (the Great).

Provings are an Amazon affair, but there are days dedicated to slaves participating against other slaves. It helps Amazon women find strong mates. Earning the eye of a great Amazon means good things to a slave (better work, better food, access to healthcare, etc).

Apolimesho's wife is named Trudia. She studied alchemy with Apolimesho until they fell in love.

Griffons are native to the Citadel's mountain range. The Amazons have tight control over their territory, so they have captured and bred griffons as their own. They do not allow wild griffons. (That's not to say they don't exist, however.)

Was that everything?
thezooqueen
Young scout

Post by thezooqueen »

What kind of politics were there among the amazons, that the Queen would need a spy in her harem???? What did this spy do? If it was nor mal spy stuff why was Elenore inadiquit just climbing across rafters and she could not get down??
Aleema
Official writer

Post by Aleema »

Spies aren't automatically acrobats or whatever. They're just good at not looking like spies and milking information out of people. Of course, it's always fun to imagine they are super action heroes, like ninjas. I have no issue with imagining Saren/Elenor that way, sorry that that one scene conflicts with that.

This is strictly my personal view of the history. Please, don't let it ruin your own imagining of the harem spy history:
Spoiler:
Anyone can challenge the Queen to a duel and kill her, taking her place on the throne. It's really quite simple to get dethroned. Karen was growing softer in the years leading up to the beginning of the game. Her court started to fear that someone would challenge her and take the throne. There were also those impatient to see Loren as Queen. Karen's reign was very much threatened.

As to what brought Saren/Elenor specifically to the harem and why, the Queen reported that she had blacked out during a visit from one of the concubines and was ill for days later. She was too weak to win any duel. Those loyal to her lied about her whereabouts as she recovered, to keep someone from exploiting her sickness. If the public found out that she was really sick and not on a scouting mission during that time, the Amazons would turn on her.

The PC was placed into the harem to help keep an eye out on suspicious concubines and everyone who came in contact with them, since someone was obviously using them to get at the Queen. Further than that, Breza instructed the PC to also see if they could find out why the Queen was becoming so soft lately (Ryzom). The PC was chosen because of their loyalty and their proven skill ... as well as their attractiveness, though unusual.

The Queen never called upon the PC for "services." Really, the Queen rarely acknowledged the harem at all the more she fell in love with her servant.
Edit: spoiler'd out my rambling since I like Madance's ideas, too. I was vague for a reason - I love all your ideas much better.
Last edited by Aleema on Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:27 am, edited 3 times in total.