The Codex

Fantasy RPG game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/lorenamazonprincess.htm
4LeafClover
Young scout

Re: The Codex

Post by 4LeafClover »

I wanted to ask about the griffons. Griffons in every fantasy story are usually depicted as a regal, very loyal mount. And the griffons are such an integral part of Amazon life. If you could tell us more about them, and show us the heraldry which adorns the griffons?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Aleema the writer is in a middle of a move so not sure when she'll have time to answer :oops: but I can tell you that I don't have any heraldry image. Though is a good idea for the sequel, might have some scenes with the griffons! :)
Madance
Druid

Post by Madance »

Hi everyone! Such a long time since anyone posted on this topic, but I have a doubt: How the months are named on Aravorn? I mean, they have different names for their months(like, January, February and so...), or is the time even the same as us(12 months)? The years are named after events?

And I don't know if was mentioned before, but how about the religion? We aready know about the Amazons views on this, but the humans/elves/dwarfs/whatever have different gods?

Does the Elves/Dwarfs age like the Humans or they live longer/shorter?

I know those are long and complicated questions, but I think those details would add more to the world of Aravorn and future games would benefit from this. :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Some good questions :) For some of them I have an answer since I thought about it when making other games. In particular for the seasons while doing Spirited Heart 2.
There are four seasons like for us, called: "Hibernia" (Winter), "Floreas" (Spring), "Solaria" (Summer), "Arboris" (Fall)
Each one has 100 days. So I didn't think to have separate months names, but a date could be: day 75, Solaria or day 99 Arboris and so on.

About religion yes there are different Gods at least for humans (elves could worship more Spirits of the forest or things like that). I haven't designed anything though, and I should actually do that since there are some scenes with religious temples in the various games :oops:

Yes I was thinking that like in classic fantasy, Dwarves and Elves live longer than Humans, though I didn't have anything in mind.

Answering (or trying to answer) those questions, I see I need to do a bit more world-building soon :mrgreen:
Madance
Druid

Post by Madance »

Thanks Jack! I always wondered about this and is good to finally know!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I've updated also this post with a timeline of the events and the games: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3007
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

jack1974 wrote:I've updated also this post with a timeline of the events and the games: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3007
O.o The year 633 looks like a story idea for a wonderful new RPG... :wink:
tnek89
Young scout

Post by tnek89 »

Do you have an estimate of the height range of each race? Like ft. wise. I just want to know how tall everyone is comparatively. For example, everyone was surprised at Loren's height, but how tall is she really? Also IDK if I already mentioned this but I want to know more about Uren, and how she influenced Amazon Culture.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

That's a good question. I'd say (just indicatively):
- humans, like in real life, between 160cm to 210cm with rare cases over 210cm. Average height is 160-170cm
- amazons aren't necessarily taller than humans in an absolute way, but on average taller than humans (so Loren is simply one of the tallest Amazon, but there could be a man of same height even if very difficult). There can be amazon under 170cm but are rare. So average Amazon is more like 175-185cm
- elves, they're tall as humans, but are definitely more slim/thin
- dwarves, I'd say from 120cm to 160cm max, so average of 140cm

sorry if I use metrics only but I am not sure how to translate that into imperial measures :oops:
About Uren, need to discuss with Aleema first. Uren and early Amazon history might be also part of Loren 2 codex :)
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

jack1974 wrote:- humans, like in real life, between 160cm to 210cm with rare cases over 210cm. Average height is 178-180cm
- amazons aren't necessarily taller than humans in an absolute way, but on average taller than humans (so Loren is simply one of the tallest Amazon, but there could be a man of same height even if very difficult). There can be amazon under 180cm but are rare. So if the average human height is 178cm, average Amazon is more like 185-190cm
Quite a bit larger your humans than in real life...
I would think that an amazon as big as a human male is reasonably, as in their society the larger (= stronger, better in combat) females will tend to dominate and have more children on average. That said, having them bigger than modern human males strikes me as very unlikely, as the effect should not be that pronounced and in any non-modern-west setting occasional famines tend to reduce growth.
Last edited by Lonestar51 on Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.