The Codex

Fantasy RPG game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/lorenamazonprincess.htm
tnek89
Young scout

Re: The Codex

Post by tnek89 »

A: DO all demons come form ever burn?
B: How many different regions are there?
tnek89
Young scout

Post by tnek89 »

Wait Aravorn's the world? Oooohhhhhhhhh. kks
Aleema
Official writer

Post by Aleema »

tnek89 wrote:A: DO all demons come form ever burn?
No, they come from whoever summons them, and Fost happened to be dwelling in Everburn. They normally dwell in the Under Realm, and that's a totally different dimension, so there's no "location" of the Under Realm in comparison to the real world.
tnek89 wrote:B: How many different regions are there?
Outside of what's featured in the game? Not sure. Here's a generated map, though, just for kicks. Only my interpretation, not official.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I am being intentionally vague about Aravorn's world size so I can always add more regions/continents :mrgreen:
iulius
Young scout

Post by iulius »

Ok I've replayed the game several times now but I has some questions (forgive my english):
Spoiler:
Fost is a death knight? or a demon? there is a difference between them?
Spoiler:
Also, in a part of game you say that LIch were death knights in life. All death knights become liches or not ?
Spoiler:
In the final part of the game Fost says that before he was like you. Does it mean he was a human ? or a mortal? so anyone can become a death knight? I thought they were some sort of evil beings?
sorry about all the questions but I've tried replaying the games but can't find answers to those questions. Thanks :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Good questions, will try to reply though probably Aleema can check my answers to make sure I don't write wrong stuff :mrgreen:
iulius wrote:
Spoiler:
Fost is a death knight? or a demon? there is a difference between them?
Spoiler:
Yes, he is a death knight too. Maybe is only the "energy" of a death knight, since death knights ruled the world of Aravorn years and years ago, before everything, and they forged those powerful weapons that only chosen ones can use (see Loren and the Ember/Hawk blade).
The difference between death knights and demons... hmm that's a good question! :lol: well are both powerful beings, but demons aren't immortal. Maybe some very powerful demons could be resurrected/summoned again but they're not powerful as the death knights.
iulius wrote:
Spoiler:
Also, in a part of game you say that LIch were death knights in life. All death knights become liches or not ?
Spoiler:
No, not necessarily. Liches are reanimated bones of powerful creatures of the past, which could be death knights or other creatures that are dead since long time.
iulius wrote:
Spoiler:
In the final part of the game Fost says that before he was like you. Does it mean he was a human ? or a mortal? so anyone can become a death knight? I thought they were some sort of evil beings?
Spoiler:
See the reply above, in the beginning of times, death knights ruled the world. So all the races, human, elves, dwarves, are sort of descendants of them. So no, nobody can become a death knight, at least not in a traditional way... :wink: So the answer is not clear, but open to interpretations: it could mean that is just a loop, a particularly skillful human/elvf/dwarf can somehow acquire exceptional power and can turn into a death knight and rule the world, but then the cycle will repeat...
Aleema
Official writer

Post by Aleema »

My understanding:

Demons are born in the Under-Realm. Like in Aravorn, demons have various species - some more simple-minded than the rest. Their purpose is to shepherd the living into death. They are beacons of death and crave it - but death is not a bad thing to them. They could even be likened to angels, since eternity in bliss or in agony is up to the individual to decide.

Death Knights are those who do not accept death. They defy it and so are not bound to the rules of it. They wander the Under-Realm until they are called to another realm. Death Knights may be people from Aravorn, but since there is an untold amount of realms, there are no limits to what a Death Knight may be. They are driven by a desire to stay alive, but they must also protect themselves from the demons that seek to feed from their death, so they must be capable warriors. The Under-Realm exists to consume life, so straying outside of death will have consequences ... They forfeit their eternal rest with eternal madness. Death Knights are not alive or dead; they become manifestations of dark magic.

Death Knights and demons can only appear in other realms if summoned. Demons can summon other demons, but it's unwise unless they have the power to control them. Death Knights cannot summon anything, so require others who can.

Necromancers usually only animate the bodies of the dead, but are intimate with the Under-Realm and its dark magic.
Vampires are those that have failed to fall into the Under-Realm to begin with, so they are safe from demons and the Under-Realm's dark magic.
Liches are manifestations of dark magic with the imprint of someone from the Under-Realm. Such dark magic seeps into Aravorn from the summoning of demons or is residual from one's death.

Fost is a Death Knight.
Spoiler:
He originates from Aravorn, not from any other realm. In his life, he had an unclean death. He refused to pass into death and so the Under-Realm's dark magic took him.
Jul is a high-minded demon. She helped summon Fost along with Grob. She was summoned to Aravorn a long time ago by a rogue warrior using forbidden magic and has been instrumental in summoning more demons.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Awesome post, thanks for expressing with much better writing the idea 8)
Frosty Magpie
Young scout

Post by Frosty Magpie »

I have a question regarding the world map. The marshlands/swamp, have they always been like that or was it originally part of a much larger place? What happened to make it the ruins it is today? Did part of the ruins sink underneath the ocean?

I'm looking at the world map and it's bothering me. That temple looks way too heavy to be built in an already existing swamp.

Sorry if these questions are dumb.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No the questions aren't dumb at all, are good ones indeed! I think Selith, the half human / half lizardwoman character of the next year sequel, will be able to enlighten us about the origins of the Lizardmen race!
(which means that I have yet to think what happened :lol:)