Battle tips & tricks thread

Fantasy RPG game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/lorenamazonprincess.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Battle tips & tricks thread

Post by jack1974 »

I decided to start this thread to discuss battle strategies, skills development and maybe help in specific battles. If you're stuck somewhere playing at Hard mode, and don't want to try a lower difficulty, this is your thread.
Also remember, ask Elmsdor: he's your man :mrgreen:

My tip is:
Karen if equipped properly is one of the most powerful character in the game after Loren. Since she can both do melee and ranged well. And has many useful skills like focus target. I maxed Focus Target to III so you get 30% damage bonus with all your attack. I was playing as Saren Warrior mostly, but I could switch place with Karen when the battle was getting to tough in the frontline, so I could heal / rez everyone with Saren and then switch back in the front row 8)
FireSeraph
Young scout

Re: Battle tips & tricks thread

Post by FireSeraph »

Well, for me, it's a matter of stat and skill allocation. Everyone pumps 2 points into Skill and the last point goes into the classes main stat. This creates a fast, relatively hard-hitting party with high defenses which makes sure that you move faster than the enemies and gain more turns than them since delay is factored by your speed as well. So for every one move the enemy makes, I make 2 for each party member, 3 for my thieves. AOE attacks are generally more welcome since they generate more damage per turn except maybe in the case of Loren who can easily dish out damage in the excess of 120+ to a single target.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah interesting, so you're effectively adding lots of points to the "Skill" attribute to all classes, including Warrior/Mages ? I thought it would be the ultimate battle setup but I never tried it myself!
FireSeraph
Young scout

Post by FireSeraph »

It's a very "fast" play style in the sense that all party members act before and gain many more turns than the enemies. Enemies I notice tend to use the highest level powers available to them and thus have a very long wait between turns. I can usually send three enemy frontliners into stagger before they get to act so it's pretty decent but I have yet to hit chapter 4 (was just waiting until I get 0.93) so I'll let you know how it goes.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

At which difficulty are you playing though? In Hard level enemies have more speed as well!
FireSeraph
Young scout

Post by FireSeraph »

I'm playing on Hard difficulty.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ok, then it's interesting :)
Elmsdor
Young scout

Post by Elmsdor »

That's pretty good. You invested in speed as a base, and use gear to boost their main stats or attributes I take it?

I noticed, Speed is very much Life in Loren, and seems you got that pat too ;)

I can't imagine you're doing much damage, but then again, you stagger everyone too.

I went for Speed gearing instead myself. Seems you got it good.

Cheers
iulius
Young scout

Post by iulius »

In a test match I made, I put all STR to mages :lol:
Since you get (I think?) 5HP each STR points, At level 10 I had Mages with 250-300hp which were much harder to kill, and even if the spells weren't doing much damage, the condition was triggering still, so in practice I was doing damage over time mostly 8)
FireSeraph
Young scout

Post by FireSeraph »

For my gear, I went for the gear that boosts up all stats, with a main focus on Speed and SP recovery. This lets me spam the lower level heals and AOEs like crazy to push up my damage per turn.