Who is the best Love Interest?

Fantasy RPG game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/lorenamazonprincess.htm

Which character of the game you liked mostly?

You may select 1 option

View results

pysali
Young scout

Re: Who is the best Love Interest?

Post by pysali » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:40 pm

A lot of my Breza/Saren and Breza/Elenor
Spoiler:
comes from her arguing with them about how close they're getting to Loren. I can't remember where specifically but I could have sworn there was a bit where Saren/Elenor can argue with her about Loren and Breza is pissed because she should have been second-in-command and she's always been there for Loren. I interpreted the 'whelp Karen's gone, all hail Loren!' as one part suspecting something wasn't right with Karen and three parts now her bff/girl!crush would take her rightful place as queen letting Breza become her right hand woman.
I'll admit I also hoped that Apolimesho
Spoiler:
would have done something insanely heroic to be worthy of diving through the portal too, but I accepted he simply didn't have the greatness that they needed to completely vanquish the bad guy. He was worn down from too many tragedies and much too cautious to do what's needed. I mean come on, the guy tried to groom Amukiki to take his place for all the hard stuff so he could serve as his advisor. The three that can go through all make sense. Loren for finally embracing at the end that yes, she is 'the chosen one' to save the world. Karen because she is ready to rejoin Ryzom for glory of her people as opposed to grief or Saren/Elenor because they spent the whole game constantly stepping up and doing the hard things that needed doing.
Last edited by pysali on Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Themobboss
Young scout

Post by Themobboss » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:46 pm

faerirose wrote:
Spoiler:
"It cannot be merely anyone. I wish it where that easy, but the task required of the martyr is too great. It requires someone with great skill, and timing, and ..."
"Someone who possesses enough greatness to create a rift in their death large enough for a Death Knight ... and ... of course, for themselves."

So in the story it is assumed that Apolimesho wasn't great enough, nor Rei, Amukiki, or others. Only Loren, Karen or the player were so great.
That didn't keep me from hoping!
Hmmmm. I wonder. Do you think if we ask nicely that maybe, just maybe a fourth "great" person will appear in the expansion so you know who could have a guilt free happily ever after, lol?

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:48 pm

Haha well I emailed Aleema asking her what she think we should reveal now, because in the expansion there is indeed something related to this..."situation" :mrgreen:

pysali
Young scout

Post by pysali » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:56 pm

To be honest Jack I assumed
Spoiler:
that in the expansion Mesphit or Chambara might be willing to step up. Mesphit because of what happens in the game currently and his inner conflicts and Chambara because she likes death/is familiar with it. Or that Chambara might be able to offer a different solution to the problem because of her necromancy skills (like merging with Fost or some other sacrifice).

I'm trying not to think too hard about it or speculate too hard because I want to be surprised and enjoy hunting for all the content.

Themobboss
Young scout

Post by Themobboss » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:57 pm

jack1974 wrote:Haha well I emailed Aleema asking her what she think we should reveal now, because in the expansion there is indeed something related to this..."situation" :mrgreen:
Since we know something is coming I'm perfectly ok with the rabbit being left in the hat......for now, lol.

Aleema
Official writer

Post by Aleema » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:43 pm

faerirose wrote:I actually thought that Breza was so strict with the rule about Loren leaving the Citadel because she knew about Karen and Ryzom.
Spoiler:
Wow, you picked up on that? I'm so happy! If you got the undertones, then more people will. :) There's a bit more to it than that, though, the exact narrative in my head is that Breza slowly loses respect for her Queen because of Ryzom, and at the same time, gains respect for Loren, as she sees a stronger Queen in her. So when Karen's gone, which Breza just knows its because of what's-his-face, she wants to crown Loren asap. She also has a raging crush on Loren, which is why she gets uppity when that slave she gave her starts getting too close ... She definitely regrets introducing them.
In regards to the heroes:
Spoiler:
There's 3 guaranteed characters with you when you battle Fost, so huge weepy endings were restricted to people who would definitely be there. Ha! Didn't like that explanation, did you!? But yes, there is an alternative being planned for the expansion. That's all we'll say.

Also, Apolimesho is needed to bring the Empire and elves closer together. If he dies, then the Council will continue to huffuffle-mumble about elves, since they're old racists. Also, he isn't "great" and he never considered himself "great" enough, thus Amukiki. The sword didn't glow for him (or Apolimesho, if you're wondering), so it correctly predicted that Amukiki couldn't be the sacrifice. Of course, if you romance Amukiki, he becomes great enough, but do you really want to kill him? Is that what you want, you murderers?

Themobboss
Young scout

Post by Themobboss » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:56 pm

Aleema wrote:
Spoiler:
There's 3 guaranteed characters with you when you battle Fost, so huge weepy endings were restricted to people who would definitely be there. Ha! Didn't like that explanation, did you!? But yes, there is an alternative being planned for the expansion. That's all we'll say.

Also, Apolimesho is needed to bring the Empire and elves closer together. If he dies, then the Council will continue to huffuffle-mumble about elves, since they're old racists. Also, he isn't "great" and he never considered himself "great" enough, thus Amukiki. The sword didn't glow for him (or Apolimesho, if you're wondering), so it correctly predicted that Amukiki couldn't be the sacrifice. Of course, if you romance Amukiki, he becomes great enough, but do you really want to kill him? Is that what you want, you murderers?
Aleema, do you really want me to answer that?
Spoiler:
Those are some incredibly relevant and logical reasons to spare them both. However if it would spare Karen the heartbreak I would push Amukiki off a cliff every day of the week and twice on Sundays, lol.

Aleema
Official writer

Post by Aleema » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:02 am

:lol:

faerirose
Young scout

Post by faerirose » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:56 am

Aleema wrote:
faerirose wrote:I actually thought that Breza was so strict with the rule about Loren leaving the Citadel because she knew about Karen and Ryzom.
Spoiler:
Wow, you picked up on that? I'm so happy! If you got the undertones, then more people will. :) There's a bit more to it than that, though, the exact narrative in my head is that Breza slowly loses respect for her Queen because of Ryzom, and at the same time, gains respect for Loren, as she sees a stronger Queen in her. So when Karen's gone, which Breza just knows its because of what's-his-face, she wants to crown Loren asap. She also has a raging crush on Loren, which is why she gets uppity when that slave she gave her starts getting too close ... She definitely regrets introducing them.
Spoiler:

I was giving Breza the benefit of the doubt, it looks like :D
Spoiler:
She really DOES have a crush on Loren. I absolutely see that when I factor in how antagonistic she was with Saren/Elenor.

Oh, the heroes
Spoiler:
Once I finished all the epilogues, I totally know that neither Apolimesho nor Myrth can be sacrificed because they need to be a bridge to end the hate. In my mind, no matter how much I may agree with Themobboss, Amukiki needs to be around to bridge the gap between "civilization" and the nomads. That does leave some other heroes to use as a sacrifice, but they aren't as necessary to the workings of Aravorn as Loren, Karen, PC, Apolimesho (even though he says he's unimportant), Myrth, and Amukiki. Their deaths, I agree, wouldn't create enough of a splash to save the world.

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:24 am

Themobboss wrote: Aleema, do you really want me to answer that?
Spoiler:
Those are some incredibly relevant and logical reasons to spare them both. However if it would spare Karen the heartbreak I would push Amukiki off a cliff every day of the week and twice on Sundays, lol.
Same for me :) but he might be a bit hard to push down...I mean, he's huge... :lol: