Who is the best Love Interest?

Fantasy RPG game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/lorenamazonprincess.htm

Which character of the game you liked mostly?

You may select 1 option

20%
8%
10%
9%
12%
8%
19%
15%

Total votes: 3580

DangerPanda
Young scout

Re: Who is the best Love Interest?

Post by DangerPanda »

Personally, I like Rei x Elenor the best, though, I haven't played through the Mesphit romance yet.
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

So now we know who is the Jack's favorite romance, now we need to know: LorenxSaren or LorenxElenor Jack?

https://twitter.com/pcmacgames/status/5 ... 3223670784
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

Elenor x Chambara forever! ^^
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

ValHallen wrote:So now we know who is the Jack's favorite romance, now we need to know: LorenxSaren or LorenxElenor Jack?

https://twitter.com/pcmacgames/status/5 ... 3223670784
I like both, as long as Loren is in it :lol:
But honestly for me was hard to pick one, since I like almost all of them!
weaselton
Young scout

Post by weaselton »

It is pretty much a toss up for me between Elenor and Loren or Elenor and Karen.
Spoiler:
Not that it matters much cause in my play through so Elenor is not going to let either of them die. If she is with Karen the very thought of letting her beloved's child die is unthinkable. Possibly even more so than to live after allowing Karen to die. Conversely if she is with Loren the thought of letting her die is out of the picture as is the idea of allowing Karen to die only to always be reminded of the incident through out the years.
kadakithis
Druid

Post by kadakithis »

After I played all the lesbian options, (And man I adored Karen who had a kind of maturity that is pretty rare in these type of games and a cool intensity) I played all the male options, and Draco was pretty hard to romance because he was a bit of a woobie and evoked motherly/sisterly feelings. Amunkiki was actually really great for his intensity as well, and his relationship with Saren growing from a rival relationship. Mesphit was interesting, and I liked how he was done, especially since I killed him off in my first playthrough and that was a really interesting thing to explore.

So not counting Mryth and Rei
1)Loren because of her importance
2) karen
3)Amunkiki
4)Mesphit tied with Chambara for different reasons
6)Draco
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

If I were to rank the romances I tried out in terms of which I enjoyed most, it would probably go something like:

1 ) Loren-Saren (lots of character development, interesting gender-reversal, great ending)
2 ) Chambara-Elenor (edgy and deliciously taboo)
3 ) Karen-Elenor (very sweet without being too sweet, you have an extremely meaningful impact on her, enabling this sad Queen to shine brightly)
4 ) Rei-Elenor (his actions speak more eloquently than his initially irritating words)
5 ) Loren-Elenor (Would have been higher were it not for the very sad epilogue)
6 ) Chambara-Saren (She continually abandons him in the epilogue)
7 ) Myrth-Saren (So sweet it made my teeth rot, and her continual whining seriously got on my nerves)
8 ) Mesphit-Elenor (As a man, this one caused me to roll my eyes a lot)
9 ) Amukiki-Elenor (As a man, this one also caused me to roll my eyes a lot)

I enjoyed all the ones I played aside from the last two, and it is true that I'm pickier about F-M's than I am M-F's or F-F's, no doubt because I'm a straight male. My full review of the romances from 2 years ago can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2382&start=250#p13958
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

P_Tigras wrote:If I were to rank the romances I tried out in terms of which I enjoyed most, it would probably go something like:

1 ) Loren-Saren (lots of character development, interesting gender-reversal, great ending)
6 ) Chambara-Saren (She continually abandons him in the epilogue)
7 ) Myrth-Saren (So sweet it made my teeth rot, and her continual whining seriously got on my nerves)

I enjoyed all the ones I played aside from the last two, and it is true that I'm pickier about F-M's than I am M-F's or F-F's, no doubt because I'm a straight male. My full review of the romances from 2 years ago can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2382&start=250#p13958
I agree with you, Saren x Loren is perfect, specially if you choose Royal Guard as your background. The scenes with the Queens from the past and the scene with the slaves in chapter 4, made a superb character development for Loren. Its my favorite romance from WW.

Saren x Chambara was good until the epilogue, destroyed her romance for me, still like her as character.

Myrth was annoying, the whole "I'm faiting" get old fast, it made her look like a burden for the group, the romance was not much better too. The "I can't be with you" is not my cup, she almost killing Chambara made me dislike her ans her CG is pretty bad.
Elysian
Young scout

Post by Elysian »

I think this poll's a little unbalanced, since the bisexual characters have twice as many chances to get a vote as the others – or maybe I'm just sad that my own favourite doesn't rank higher, haha.

Personally, I thought the Saren/Draco romance was wonderful. Draco is such an endearing character, with his dorky sense of humour, his kindness and bravery, the way he's a cheerful airhead on the surface, but underneath that he's painfully insecure and lonely. Despite having 'supreme magical talent', his favourite use for it is simply to make people smile. He offers himself as a hostage in Saren's (or Elenor's) place, even when he isn't sure they like him enough to come back for him. He takes pity on an orphaned hellhound and adopts it into the party. He faces off against a giant dragon single-handedly! He has such a good heart, but he's so unaccustomed to being given anything back.

The growth from their first meeting, to friendship, to love, felt well-paced and natural. They might not have the dramatic tension that comes from a clash of personalities, but instead the relationship is clearly a positive, healing thing for both of them (I particularly like how, after Saren said that Draco shouldn't hide himself, his character portrait changed and his ears were never hidden again). Their final romance scene was pure fluff that plays on one of the most popular shipping tropes, and I'm totally okay with that, because it made sense for their personalities. The happy epilogue put a huge smile on my face (and then that last part, with the white light, punched me right in the heart).

On my second playthrough, I tried out most of the other romance options for Saren, but the only one that impressed me was Loren. Myrth was cute, but when she started insisting they couldn't be together, it seemed best to leave her alone. Mesphit was interesting, but ultimately it just felt like a bunch of running/chasing that wasn't doing Saren any good. I dropped Chambara after her creepy 'hurr I bet those Amazons couldn't keep their hands off you' conversation. ...And then I ended up picking Draco over everybody else for a second time, because his jealousy talk was another punch in the heart.

So, this has been my tl;dr appreciation of Draco Firestarter. Sweetest m/m romance in any game I've played, and one of my favourite romances in anything ever. Developers, thank you for creating him.

Now I need to do a playthrough as Elenor and see how her options play out!
Choklad
Young scout

Post by Choklad »

Yes to all of the above. Draco Firestarter is one of my favorite characters in anything I've ever played. <3