Who is the best Love Interest?

Fantasy RPG game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/lorenamazonprincess.htm

Which character of the game you liked mostly?

You may select 1 option

View results

pysali
Young scout

Re: Who is the best Love Interest?

Post by pysali »

*raises hand*

Also looking forward to Mesphit. Actually I'm looking forward to Chambara too, but hoo boy the mental fanfic I'm already writing about ReiXElenorXMephit and MesphitxAmukikixSaren. Did I write that out? I wrote that out and I'll own it. It's like how much mental fanfic I write for BrezaxSaren or BrezaxElenor who get together after fighting over Loren's affection and then...yeah. Speaking of which I saw what you guys did there post credits and if there is a sequel I humbly request Breza be a romance option.

As for job suggestions Harem spy could work for a lot of paths. Adding in one liners about being familiar with a few techniques both romantic and as combat techniques. Perhaps being specialized as a healer can help in the Draco scene or with the scars scenes for other characters. As for combat that could help with weapon forging with Ramas or just additional combat techniques.

I also second saving your energies for the expansion. You've written a compelling piece of work. Except for fixing typos and grammar what you have works well for the world and the characters you've created. I wouldn't have spent all day rereading the game looking for missing scenes and getting misty eyed if you hadn't. Or wanting to see how every characters subplot worked even if they weren't my type.

Good job Aleema and Jack.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks :) And indeed, considering the game is already over 175,000 words I think should be enough content :lol: time to start planning / writing the expansion, while I'm waiting for new bugs reports!
Aleema
Official writer

Post by Aleema »

There is definitely some sexual tension going on between Saren/Elenor and Breza. And Mesphit naturally lends himself to explosive love triangles ... Does it count as mental fanfic when I do it, too? :mrgreen:
ankewl
Young scout

Post by ankewl »

Awww... seems like I'm the only one who'll have a "no romance" run for the first playthrough! Playing as "myself" always reminds me that I can't be bothered to flirt or find love at all! :mrgreen:

On another note, damn... I wish I had 8 pack abs like Saren. Currently at 2 though so only 6 more to go. :lol:
Themobboss
Young scout

Post by Themobboss »

faerirose wrote:I just finished the game with Karen as my love interest. I have two words:

Hot.
Spoiler:
The Karen/Elanor scene is super hot. Like wow :D
Damn.
Spoiler:
The ending is a no-win situation if you court Karen. The logical "for the good of everyone" choice is to use either Elanor or Karen. That leaves Karen a sad mess from losing 2 loves or it leaves Elanor a sad mess. If you go with your love and sacrifice Loren, you're losing a great future ruler which isn't so logical; Karen's unlikely to have another child to take her place. Oh the agony...
Thank you for eloquently expressing my feelings as well.
Spoiler:
I was hoping against hope right up to the last moment that Apolimesho would man up and take one for the team. With his family gone and having fumbled killing Fost previously it would have made sense. That or give me the option to shove him through, lol.
faerirose
Young scout

Post by faerirose »

Themobboss wrote:
Spoiler:
I was hoping against hope right up to the last moment that Apolimesho would man up and take one for the team. With his family gone and having fumbled killing Fost previously it would have made sense. That or give me the option to shove him through, lol.
I'm with you there.
Spoiler:
Even if I had a choice to send any of the dateable characters or myself to die, Loren and Karen would be dead last on my list. I'd only send them to their deaths to see the ending and to get achievements.
Themobboss
Young scout

Post by Themobboss »

faerirose wrote:
Themobboss wrote:
Spoiler:
I'm with you there.
Spoiler:
Even if I had a choice to send any of the dateable characters or myself to die, Loren and Karen would be dead last on my list. I'd only send them to their deaths to see the ending and to get achievements.
I wouldn't go that far with Karen.
Spoiler:
With Karen at least if you're not romancing her there's at least the chance of justification. She would be rejoining her recently lost love in a place where they could be together always, away from the judgement of the Amazon society. Her sacrifice would wash away any lingering "dishonor" from running away. But if you did romance her, God. If Elenor dies Karen ends up looking like a black widow doomed to a lonely loveless future. After having two great loves of her life die almost immediately after embracing those relationships could Karen even pretend to be happy again? If Loren dies then Karen is faced with the knowledge that every second of her future happiness came at the price of her child's life, not "Loren gave her life to save us" it's Loren did so I wouldn't have to. Could happily ever after bear up under that weight?
Jim1958
Young scout

Post by Jim1958 »

Themobboss wrote:
Thank you for eloquently expressing my feelings as well.
Spoiler:
I was hoping for the same thing.
Spoiler:
It goes to show how negative the male energy is in that world. I would have thought that Apolimesho would have acted more like someone's dad and taken the hit.
Best Regards
Jim
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well, in the texts though says:
Spoiler:
"It cannot be merely anyone. I wish it where that easy, but the task required of the martyr is too great. It requires someone with great skill, and timing, and ..."
"Someone who possesses enough greatness to create a rift in their death large enough for a Death Knight ... and ... of course, for themselves."
So in the story it is assumed that Apolimesho wasn't great enough, nor Rei, Amukiki, or others. Only Loren, Karen or the player were so great.
faerirose
Young scout

Post by faerirose »

Aleema wrote:There is definitely some sexual tension going on between Saren/Elenor and Breza. And Mesphit naturally lends himself to explosive love triangles ... Does it count as mental fanfic when I do it, too? :mrgreen:
HAHA! It's fanfic if it doesn't make it into the game ;)

I actually thought that Breza was so strict with the rule about Loren leaving the Citadel because she knew about Karen and Ryzom. I thought she was giving the Queen she loved the chance to go and live her life in the way she wanted and was trying to stop Loren from looking for her. My other thought was that Breza and Karen were an item and Breza didn't want her fear that Karen was dead to be confirmed. If she never knew then she could still hope that Karen would return someday. That second one was SO wrong, though!
Spoiler:
"It cannot be merely anyone. I wish it where that easy, but the task required of the martyr is too great. It requires someone with great skill, and timing, and ..."
"Someone who possesses enough greatness to create a rift in their death large enough for a Death Knight ... and ... of course, for themselves."

So in the story it is assumed that Apolimesho wasn't great enough, nor Rei, Amukiki, or others. Only Loren, Karen or the player were so great.
That didn't keep me from hoping!