Romance Guide

Fantasy RPG game with all romance combos https://www.winterwolves.com/lorenamazonprincess.htm
MadarFoxfire
Young scout

Re: Romance Guide

Post by MadarFoxfire »

The one where there's a bit that goes, heavily paraphrased, "Yep, the Amazons just looove having strong handsome men around the palace, and fyi SO DO I BABE." That particular conversation took place on the Ember Blade path in chapter one; could that be the culprit?

But yeah, I picked a fight with him and Karen tossed a bucket of water on us, and that gave me a heart point. And I chose to take the orcs hostage; that was another point. And then those trigged the finding food cutscene. I hadn't gone with any romance dialogue choices, so we didn't go any further than wrestling the gator, if you know what I mean. :wink:
Spoiler:
Okay, yeah, I mean it entirely literal. But why waste a good innuendo?
Aleema
Official writer

Post by Aleema »

MadarFoxfire wrote:The one where there's a bit that goes, heavily paraphrased, "Yep, the Amazons just looove having strong handsome men around the palace, and fyi SO DO I BABE." That particular conversation took place on the Ember Blade path in chapter one; could that be the culprit?[/spoiler]
Yeah, that's "Oath II" ... I've looked at the code and tested the chat, and it gives me a heart ... Is it possible you just clicked real fast and missed the pop up?

You only get to pick a fight with Amukiki (trigger the dialogue with Loren) if you've got at least 1 heart, so that could not be the catalyst to the accidental romance. You only get a heart from the post-krul chat if you have at least 1 heart, so again, a choice was made down the line in your playthrough to romance him (I'm assuming the Oath II chat since you thought it didn't give you a heart). I'm relieved at your account, since I know I've put in a good effort to keep romances optional. If by accidental, you meant "easier than I thought it would be" then you'd be right, but I'm not sure I wanna fix that. :mrgreen:

And: I laughed.
MadarFoxfire
Young scout

Post by MadarFoxfire »

Those were two different playthroughs, actually! In the one when I'm trying and failing to romance him, I checked under the heart and I didn't even see his name. But now that I've doublechecked, there he is after all? False alarm on that count.

In the playthrough where I got him accidentally, I have three hearts. I thought I had the third one from the food cutscene, but it looks like that's not associated with any hearts, and I don't remember clicking any romance options specifically, but it is also entirely possible that I misclicked and didn't notice. In that case, my bad!
Aleema
Official writer

Post by Aleema »

Still, I will be keeping my eye out. I haven't really done a full playthrough where I *haven't* romanced him, since I'm trying to test all romances on both genders. Also, there's still bugs in this thing, so I wouldn't be surprised that I did something stupid ... Thank you for reporting! :)
MadarFoxfire
Young scout

Post by MadarFoxfire »

Found another possible issue - I think it's because I took Saren on the Ember Blade path this time, but I can't get Myrth past one heart and I'm now all the way in chapter three. I got the Druid conversation, but I haven't triggered anything else with a romance in it.
Aleema
Official writer

Post by Aleema »

Did you get a conversation with Myrth after Saren was attacked in the forest in Chp2? There isn't a romance choice there, but if you have at least 1 heart with Myrth, it will give you a heart. She holds your hand to her face and says something about relying on her from time to time. That should've at least bumped you up to 2 hearts. You also get an automatic heart increase if you talk to Myrth after killing Jul.

All that said, I discovered that one of Myrth's Saren chats was roped off unless you had 2 hearts with her. Which doesn't make sense, since it's not romance-only. So. Facepalm. With that restriction removed, the chat should appear to Saren anytime Chp2 or above, and can give you a heart. (And you need 2 for the first cutscene! :) ) So, yes ... there was definitely a balance issue afoot.

You're a godsend.
MadarFoxfire
Young scout

Post by MadarFoxfire »

Aha! No, because I can only get a heart conversation with her after I get her in the party, and if I take the Ember Blade route, the elf attack conversation takes priority. Which makes sense, since it's an immediate concern, but it does prevent Saren from getting his mack on.

I'm gonna go kill Jul now and see if I get a rolling romance explosion from that second heart.
Aleema
Official writer

Post by Aleema »

OH. I totally forgot that that's the first time you may have her in your camp. Now I see what you were saying! Yes that's a problem indeed.

edit: Fixed the "elf attack" chat so now it's a standard 3-option branch with a (Romance) option. Myrth now has extra dialogue if you took the human path in Chp1. Yay!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks MadarFoxFire for the feedback, you've been really helpful! Also, nice avatar icon (I love cats 8) )
MadarFoxfire
Young scout

Post by MadarFoxfire »

Killing Jul does indeed send Myrth leaping into your arms...
Spoiler:
And then back out of them in a hurry, because the path of love is a thorny one indeed.
Also, you're welcome and thanks! Fun fact: Chii here is from a series marketed towards adult men. Everybody loves kittens.