Best love interest (Never Forget Me)

Otome dating sim with life simulation gameplay: http://www.winterwolves.com/rememberme.htm

Best love interest / romance path?

You may select 1 option

View results

jack1974
Pack leader

Best love interest (Never Forget Me)

Post by jack1974 »

So I'm curious who you think was the best romance. In this context probably means the most interesting route to play in the game I guess! :)
banana2013
Young scout

Re: Best love interest (Never Forget Me)

Post by banana2013 »

This is a bit challenging. I guess if I had to rate it based on the story itself for the boys I would go: Eddy=Lawrence>Hugh>>Aaron

I guess I enjoyed the sweet interactions between Eddy and Amy the most. I really liked how their conflict was handled. Not being able to have time for each other, having a spouse who is a workaholic and also not the best at being able to express himself is not a good combo but it makes the happy ending so much sweeter.
Spoiler:
I even liked the sad ending 1. Amy realising it's not gonna work and breaking it off herself.
Lawrence's story was really cute, I had little issues with it. For the plus side it involves the requirement of them having to open up to each other, being understanding and supporting to each other and no love triangle or jealousy angle (I'll let that luis bit slide since it barely affected their plot). I was neutral with Lawrence in Always remember me but he became more likable in this game.

I have no problems with Aaron's story itself, I mean it wasn't as interesting as the rest but I enjoyed it when it was just them trying to keep their relationship romantic while trying to adjust in a life while living with each other and dealing with their issues (aka Amy's writer's block hell and etc).

What annoyed me what the need for Abigail to be in the picture.
Spoiler:
I got annoyed that having Amy acting like a mature human being is actually what gets you the sad ending 2. I hated how Aaron turned into some clueless dolt who'd cheat on you if you don't put him on a leash when he's with Abigail. I guess I just don't like the idea that Abigail will stay the same despite is being years of not being with Aaron? it's just sad. The only nice thing about the sad end 2 is Amy's response to it.
Last edited by banana2013 on Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks for the feedback.
I decided to put Abigail to make Aaron's path more interesting. It was the hardest to make for sure, since it was a couple formed long time ago, so the one of more risk of being "boring". I mean not boring itself (lol otherwise a lot of couples would be) but knowing each other for so long, etc so I had the need to put some conflicts in it.
I hope I managed to express myself (hard to do it for me not being native English speaker!).
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

Spoiler:
banana2013 wrote:This is a bit challenging. I guess if I had to rate it based on the story itself for the boys I would go: Eddy=Lawrence>Hugh>>Aaron

I guess I enjoyed the sweet interactions between Eddy and Amy the most. I really liked how their conflict was handled. Not being able to have time for each other, having a spouse who is a workaholic and also not the best at being able to express himself is not a good combo but it makes the happy ending so much sweeter. I even liked the sad ending 1. Amy realising it's not gonna work and breaking it off herself.

Lawrence's story was really cute, I had little issues with it. For the plus side it involves the requirement of them having to open up to each other, being understanding and supporting to each other and no love triangle or jealousy angle (I'll let that luis bit slide since it barely affected their plot). I was neutral with Lawrence in Always remember me but he became more likable in this game.

I have no problems with Aaron's story itself, I mean it wasn't as interesting as the rest but I enjoyed it when it was just them trying to keep their relationship romantic while trying to adjust in a life while living with each other and dealing with their issues (aka Amy's writer's block hell and etc).

What annoyed me what the need for Abigail to be in the picture. I got annoyed that having Amy acting like a mature human being is actually what gets you the sad ending 2. I hated how Aaron turned into some clueless dolt who'd cheat on you if you don't put him on a leash when he's with Abigail. I guess I just don't like the idea that Abigail will stay the same despite is being years of not being with Aaron? it's just sad. The only nice thing about the sad end 2 is Amy's response to it.
For future reference, I advise using the "Spoiler" tag when ya say about endings in games, in case others haven't played/are playing haven't gotten there yet.

(Not meant as an attack, just a heads up.)
banana2013
Young scout

Post by banana2013 »

jack1974 wrote:Thanks for the feedback.
I decided to put Abigail to make Aaron's path more interesting. It was the hardest to make for sure, since it was a couple formed long time ago, so the one of more risk of being "boring". I mean not boring itself (lol otherwise a lot of couples would be) but knowing each other for so long, etc so I had the need to put some conflicts in it.
I hope I managed to express myself (hard to do it for me not being native English speaker!).
Ah no problem, Thank you for your explanation. I wanted to be sure I could express my feelings for their routes (well most of them).But I understand the reason. I guess the Abigail subplot rubbed me the wrong way since I personally am not a fan of such plots in general but his route and interactions with Amy was still enjoyable and sweet.
BobTheMob wrote:For future reference, I advise using the "Spoiler" tag when ya say about endings in games, in case others haven't played/are playing haven't gotten there yet.

(Not meant as an attack, just a heads up.)
Thanks for informing me, It completely slipped my mind. I edited my post to be sure.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Edited Bob's reply to add spoiler, he's right :oops:
Not much about Abigail since it's shown in the game page already, but the rest :)
banana2013 wrote:Ah no problem, Thank you for your explanation. I wanted to be sure I could express my feelings for their routes (well most of them).But I understand the reason. I guess the Abigail subplot rubbed me the wrong way since I personally am not a fan of such plots in general but his route and interactions with Amy was still enjoyable and sweet.
Yes I guessed that this game was a bit "controversial". I got some people totally enraged about the sad endings :lol:
But if I wanted to make a more "realistic" game, it cannot always have only happy endings! Unfortunately there are a lot of things that can go wrong in a marriage, so only showing the "good thing" was a bit unrealistic for me (and also I think not very interesting).

So far the game is well received, but I'm sure it will also get many complaints about some of the events in the game :twisted:
MarSel
Druid

Post by MarSel »

Right just finished all the ending with the speical endings which I think add the finish to each story (for better or worse)

I'll start with:
Aaron.
Spoiler:
The route itself was okay and I enjoyed the story though Abigail was a pain just like the first game. I agree as it was said that acting civil was strange to lead to him cheating. Should we all be worried since acting like a brat seemed to be the moral of that story to keep you guy. Anyway the happy endings were sweet and it was quite cute that you see their child at the end and was my best ending by far. The sad speical ending was great too and implied that romance would still be possible but by no means easy of course.
Hugh
Spoiler:
I must say I hated this guy in the first and he doesn't disappoint me in this game either. (by no means does that mean I hated the route) The Happy endings were sweet and the Happy speical ending was fitting. The speical Sad ending was wonderful and I was so pleased to see the bitch come out of Amy (crush about cheating son of a *****) Though in this route you met Luis and I must say I hated him mire than Hugh (stalker alert and yes I have had stalkers like him in the past and it is scary and freaky. Just get your tongue out of my mouth before I bit it of Luis!)
Lawrence
Spoiler:
My Second Fave Char in the first game and he is as shy and blushing as ever. His route was filled with heartache and abuse. His route was interesting. You could've taken this route down a very dark path and delve deeper into what happened and why his mother was so needy maybe even delve into her problems too. It was still kept quite light really and felt right and sweet. The endings Happy were sweet and touching. The Speical ending Happy was a but Meh to be honest. The Sad one however was nice and once again hinted that they may one day try again, However Amy is suddenly an actress. What?! This was never mentioned that she ever lived anything or wanted to be anything in the route at all and while good seemed a complete turn around (Not a bad thing mind you, just surprising)
Lo and behold Sad ending 2(I think it was maybe not... anyway. LUIS is back. Why oh why didn't Lawrence push him or knock his head off! I mean hello he is even being a creepy stalker through an alternate timeline! Run Amy and don't look back!)
Eddy
Spoiler:
Oh Eddy how my heart sung for your love in the first game and this game I had mixed feeling but he is still my fave guy though those Sad ending (the Speical ending broke my heart and was so sad to not see an inspirational single mother. The route was interesting and I enjoyed it, The Happy endings (both) and the Speical happy ending Made my heart sing and my vote goes to Eddy once again.
In hindsight. I hoped to see.
Spoiler:
More 'years later' endings with them all having kids (I'm a romanctic family guy what can I say) Only in the Happy endings of course Except Eddy's for story reasons.
But all in all I enjoyed playing the game and each of the ending were fun to see and the story aside the planner minigame was fun (on easy) and simple enough to reach the required targets needed of the ending. One Slight thing that seemed off were
Spoiler:
Eddy Ending Sad 1 and the 'bonus' ending. She said in the ending she had only a few weeks until she gave birth and the divorce was final but the 'bonus' (the cruel mean) ending said she miscarried early in the divorce arrangments. Which seemed off. It worked perfectly with Sad ending 2 however. (My poor single mother in a successful career. it was dilligance ending after all)
Well done Jack on following this story on. One question though why the art on the main menu when they were never used (Thank goodness) I liked them but did prefer the original ones Though Amy's one was very good and pretty though.
Last edited by MarSel on Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks for the feedback, regarding this:
MarSel wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:47 pm Well done Jack on following this story on. One question though why the art on the main menu when they were never used (Thank goodness) I liked them but did prefer the original ones Though Amy's one was very good and pretty though.
I realized about 1 month before the planned beta that I didn't have a main menu image. In the first game I just used the existing sprites with some zoom/fade effects but felt bad to do the same even in the sequel, so I found another artist to do it. I think it's normal, even SOTW had a main menu done by different artist after all :)
MarSel
Druid

Post by MarSel »

Hmm I seem to have some bits escaping the spoiler tag, silly me. I'll change it now.
Thanks for answering. I just wondered is all and yes you are right It didn't even register about SOTW even though I played it not long ago.