Never Forget Me thread

Otome dating sim with life simulation gameplay: http://www.winterwolves.com/rememberme.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Never Forget Me thread

Post by jack1974 »

ValHallen wrote:
jack1974 wrote: I must make a yuri dating sim with "cougar" romance option! :twisted:
Why only yuri? :cry: :cry: :cry:
Hahaha I was expecting your post :lol:
We'll see, it's not like I'm starting other games right now anyway. Well, for at least 2 years! I don't want to end up with so many unfinished projects as I am now :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

So I have officially resumed working on this. Since Amber is a much bigger game and I need to code all the crafting gameplay (plus I also want to have a sort of "alchemy shop simulator") that will take time. Instead this game is a classic dating sim, probably will use a system similar to Heirs & Graces, simple/intuitive but fun.
Here's the gallery screen:
Instead of the pages I put the four love interest names, each one has 6 achievements (for each there's also a 7th "neutral ending" but I won't count that one).

The full story is scripted so I need to put everything together. Because of heat and other things, I don't expect this to be in beta before end of September, but you never know :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

that's a good question, Amy! :mrgreen:
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

jack1974 wrote:Image
that's a good question, Amy! :mrgreen:
Well it depends: if it's the stuff that looks like (and probably tastes about as good as) lead-based paint... :P

But if ya get the gourmet kinds o' things, like it is when I make chili using homegrown ingredients and epic meats like bison and venison, that's a different story! :mrgreen:

Also, if ya ever do a male version of this, Jack: have Maria in there as a romance option--I'll get the game just for her! 8)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Heh Maria is hot indeed :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Osher is still polite and kind even in the sequel, as you can see :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
reader
Young scout

Post by reader »

Good to hear that an amy sequel is well underway. Loved her spirit so hope that she is still portrayed in a similar manner. Would have liked more stat involvement in the first game instead of needing I believe just 2 stats to win a guy. Is the stat involvement fairly similar in the sequel? Would it be possible to up the stat requirements say when playing the game on hard level? Would enjoy the game more if there was more of a challenge to build amy into a more rounded character. Focusing on just a stat or two feels limiting. One could self impose such limits in playing the game, but this wouldn't prevent endings from being generated at lower levels.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I think the writing in this game is better, Amy is really fun but at same time she is determined.
As for the stats, this time will be hard: since in this game you play the married/couple life, it's not like you can romance more than 1 person :lol: (well, something CAN happen, but... not as main gameplay mechanic!).
I have yet to decide what to do, to be honest. For a moment I thought to make it a simple visual novel with outcomes based on choices. That option is still valid. However, I might do a scheduler and try something new (well new for me) so that you need to plan each week to get the max score at the end.
I am going to make some tests next week I think, however because of the particular setting of this game I am not sure what I'll manage to do :oops:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

character selection screen! For a dating sim :lol: haha definitely something I never expected to do (would be more normal in a RPG...)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha I've already redone the scheduler screen three times :lol:
I can't decide myself between one like Roommates (more complex, with morning/afternoon/night daytimes) or like Heirs & Graces (just choose 1 activity each day).
I think will probably choose the second one though, since the game timespan is several months, and I think using Roommates-style scheduler could become too grindy/long :)