Remember Me

Otome dating sim with life simulation gameplay: http://www.winterwolves.com/rememberme.htm
Orusaka
Young scout

Re: Remember Me

Post by Orusaka »

jack1974 wrote:Well there are definitely some tricks to learn to obtain the special endings :) but of course any feedback is appreciated!
Yeah, I don't really see how they are going to be possible to get playing normally, seeing as how the success of events are random. Essentially, so long as events are random, it's also random whether you'll be able to maximize your stat and get the special ending. So, yeah, right off the bat, I'm hating the failure aspect of the game. I know, hate is a strong word, but I feel it is appropriate here. I don't like like one bit. As for further thoughts, tomorrow, when I finish the game, I will write something more thorough. So far enjoying a lot more than Love and Order, anyway.

As for my approach, I save before every action and reload until I get success. Even with that, though, the stats I gain are still random, so even with doing all this reloading, there's no guarantee I'll even be able to max a bar. Did I mention how much I hate the randomness aspect already?

Yeah, so enough of me ranting. The game has been fairly good so far, but boy oh boy, do I hate randomness.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes is random, but is weighted random. For example if you visit Aaron every day when he's alone, over the 90 days of the game you WILL get 40-45 points of relationship (you have about 50-60% success chance in that case). Instead trying to talk to him when Abigail is present will have very small success chances.

To that you add the points you get from the right answers and I think getting the "normal" endings should be fairly simple.

The way I made the game I wanted people to discover the right places/trick to visit, to get the endings. For example:
Spoiler:
Always get new books, either buying them at the mall or borrowing them from library at Mon/Fri. Bring them with you in hospital and read them to Aaron and see how fast you increase relationship AND romance, the required skill. That's what I'm saying about, you discover the "secret" and then you should have easy time to win! :lol:
Anyway, I am really looking forward to such feedback to know if the game is too hard, I can introduce an easy mode where you are more successful in the "dice game" 8)
Orusaka
Young scout

Post by Orusaka »

I can sort of see what you're getting at. You'll get my thoughts in full tomorrow. Just about finished with my first play through now. Just wanted to chime in with a very annoying bug. It seems that being successful at working overtime will randomly boot you out to the main menu. It's happened to me 3 or 4 times.

Also, here are some spelling/grammar errors:

dawn wed jun 11:
We agreed to met... (meet)

noon mon jun 16:
Aaron's father was a well known and wealthy businessmen... (businessman)

dawn thur jun 19:
Oh my God, you evil! (you evil what? Or maybe it's supposed to say "you're evil!")

I actually came across a few others as well, but I got lazy and stopped taking notes.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Orusaka wrote:I can sort of see what you're getting at. You'll get my thoughts in full tomorrow. Just about finished with my first play through now. Just wanted to chime in with a very annoying bug. It seems that being successful at working overtime will randomly boot you out to the main menu. It's happened to me 3 or 4 times.
Argh... thought I got rid of that one! will check again :x
Thanks for the typos, I have the user Riviera still proofreading the whole story, but they're always welcome!
JackoWords
Young scout

Post by JackoWords »

Aaaaand, purchased!

Can't wait to play. And help quash bugs. :)

Edit: This is fantastic. I love the concept, after playing through the intro! Well worth the wait. :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

THanks a lot :) so far the reported bugs are:
- some repeat scenes in Eddy
- sometimes if you do overtime you get bounced back to main menu :shock: (I'm going to try fixing this one as soon as possible!!)

and an user reported being very hard to finish Eddy special ending. I'm especially interested in this, if you find an ending too hard/easy to get.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ok I fixed the two bugs above. The bug during overtime was particularly annoying so I recommend you redownload the game because it can basically jump you out of the game without warning! :shock:
Orusaka
Young scout

Post by Orusaka »

My complete thoughts are still upcoming, but for now, I discovered a story logic bug. I met Hugh in the pub on a Monday (I take it this event is random), and I say that I don't have to work tomorrow, but I obviously do. Probably this event was only supposed to take place on a weekend. Also, there is a grammar mistake there. It says "I didn't had to..." It should, of course, be "have to".
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah yes, definitely a plot bug. Going to check it thanks!!
Orusaka
Young scout

Post by Orusaka »

Okay, so I finished my second play through today, and boy do I have to reiterate: I HATE the randomness factor.
Basically, I did this second one without cheating, that is without saving and reloading, and it was as I thought, it's completely random whether you can win the game or not.
I went for Hugh, and by the end I had 87 Creative, and 98 like. So, I lost basically.
Thing is, I didn't do a single thing wrong. I was simply a victim of randomness, and that really sucks.
It's not that it's too hard, it's not hard at all. You already know which stat to raise, and how you'll need to play.
It's simply random whether you win or not. You might as well flip a coin. I saw him every single day, and answered all dialogues for increase in like, yet, still under 100.
So yeah, I'll try to write down my complete ideas, hopefully, tonight, but most pressing of them: randomness sucks.