Why you didn't buy Vera Blanc

A forum dedicated to my comic-styled games series called "Vera Blanc"

Why you didn't buy Vera Blanc (or what you didn't like)?

You may select up to 4 options

View results

jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Why you didn't buy Vera Blanc

Post by jack1974 »

Your linked images don't work :(
fleetp
Druid

Post by fleetp »

Pace675 wrote:
EDIT: have to rightclick the word image and view image to see he image XD.
That didn't work (I'm using google chrome). :(
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

But yeah, if Vera Blanc had f/f romance, I'd have bought it in a heartbeat, so there's that. :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Franka wrote:But yeah, if Vera Blanc had f/f romance, I'd have bought it in a heartbeat, so there's that. :lol:
OK, new game in progress! Vera Blanc: The Mysterious Lesbian Ghost Of Yuri Mountain! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

jack1974 wrote:
Franka wrote:But yeah, if Vera Blanc had f/f romance, I'd have bought it in a heartbeat, so there's that. :lol:
OK, new game in progress! Vera Blanc: The Mysterious Lesbian Ghost Of Yuri Mountain! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
What's the eta? Can we pre-order it now? XD
Alex81
Woods ranger

Post by Alex81 »

jack1974 wrote:
Alex81 wrote: Had Vera Blanc had a "VN Mode" or even a more familiar RPG fight system (or even a system like in the Undead Lily tech demo) I`m convinced I would've finished it.
I added it in a later update! :) You can choose at beginning of a new game to play without minigames. Just saying in case you want to finish them :mrgreen:

:D And -that- post was what has kept me quiet from posting on these forums.

Just finished, kindof happy with the ending I got too (stopping -some- badguys as well as the villain in the title ("are you afraid of the big bad wolf Doctor?") ...Some of them got away, -but- that's what replays are for :)

With your "crowd" (or fans) I kindof see the romance questions...though, I quite liked a detective game like this. (Though I -loved- Nicole, I kindof wanted more mystery there as well, but seeing as that game's success over VB's ...the right priorities were there)

Now that I can avoid the minigames (that I sucked at) I...don't really have any problems with this game ,and will easily recommend it

BTW the comic style was ..interesting (one of the reasons I loved Archer)
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

jack1974 wrote: Right now of course I am NOT starting any new game.
Sure, we believe that. :P
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha well, another game is in the works but I'm using both a writer and an artist which I trust 100% and that can work almost independently from me. So it's likely it could be even out before many titles started last year :mrgreen:
Tellah
Young scout

Post by Tellah »

I'd answer the poll, but uhh...
I DID buy the Vera Blanc games XD
...but I really do dig the supernatural/horror stuff, so it's probably not all that shocking.
The one thing I remember being annoyed at was being stuck on... I think a hidden object minigame? for a while?
It's been a while.
I did remember actually kinda liking the 'mind reading' segments, though. Maybe if you ever make a VN with a substantial amount of minigames, it might not be a bad idea to have a 'skip minigame' option for the people who would like to try things but not totally skip ALL the minigames?
Uhh hopefully that makes sense, it's been like an age since I played and I might be forgetting small details- plus I clearly played an old version because I didn't remember there being a 'pure VN' option.
(I am not the one to talk about art styles. You'd have to crash my computer or something to get me to complain about art styles.)