Vera's Age

A forum dedicated to my comic-styled games series called "Vera Blanc"
aislingyngaio
Young scout

Vera's Age

Post by aislingyngaio »

Hey, I just wanna ask if Vera is 16 when she met Brandon, 32. Isn't that a little like cradle snatching? XD
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Vera's Age

Post by jack1974 »

Haha no, the introduction clearly says:
"At age fourteen, I was looking forward to what the future had in store for me."
"As a child prodigy and recent university graduate, I was self-assured in my abilities. Life seemed to offer infinite possibilities, and opportunity after opportunity showed up at every corner."
(now she has 14 years)
"Suffice it to say, I was more than a little surprised when I was diagnosed with brain cancer two years later."
(now she has 16 years)
and then: "SOMEWHERE NEAR PARIS, TWO YEARS LATER"
so 16+2=18 years! :lol:
aislingyngaio
Young scout

Post by aislingyngaio »

Ah, so she was cured more than a year before she met Brandon then?

(Still a little on the cradle snatching side though XD)

Oh, and P.S. why did Joseph want to kill her when he's supposed to be intent only on the descendants of the hunt? I notice that he wasn't particularly murderous towards Brandon when compared to her anyway.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Because he thought she could find his true identity and compromise his hunt. After all he's still a beast so not easy to control himself :)
aislingyngaio
Young scout

Post by aislingyngaio »

Err... even as early as the first hotel? How did he know about her anyway? Even Eva didn't.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

That was just to make the story more interesting :lol:
But anyway I won't make any more mystery/detective games since they require too much attention to all details like those, and are a pain to write! :)
fleetp
Druid

Post by fleetp »

jack1974 wrote:That was just to make the story more interesting :lol:
But anyway I won't make any more mystery/detective games since they require too much attention to all details like those, and are a pain to write! :)
ARGH! Does that mean no more Vera? Say it isn't so....
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha I don't know, but as it is now I see really no motivation to do another detective game. Maybe one day will hire a writer to write a game for me based on Vera Blanc story, that could still happen.
fleetp
Druid

Post by fleetp »

Regarding Vera's age, I didn't see anything in the introduction to limit the time period from Vera's operation in Paris until she met Brandon. During that time Vera would recover from experimental surgery, and then develop and possibly end a relationship with 'Patrice'.