would you like to play a game consisting of several smaller stories around a common theme?

Games based mostly on classic VN gameplay without skills, statistics, etc to raise

would you like to play a game consisting of several smaller stories around a common theme?

You may select 1 option

View results

Jaeger
Druid

Re: would you like to play a game consisting of several smaller stories around a common theme?

Post by Jaeger »

I'm fine with that. Stories or games don't need to be particularly long to be engaging.
Last edited by Jaeger on Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
BobTheMob
Druid

Re: would you like to play a game consisting of several smaller stories around a common theme?

Post by BobTheMob »

jack1974 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:00 pm The "choosing a different world/reality" is going to be done already in a yuri version of a certain cursed game... :mrgreen:
Could it be done wid (PHILLY-Speak) other games, too though???

Games for everyone? 'Cause that sounds like a really cool concept! :good:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes of course it's not like a game must be yuri/yaoi or anything else to have a different world/reality! :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

For the Negligee game, I know they're doing a Negligee Stories, which is a number of shorter prequels featuring the same characters individually. I think that's perfectly legitimate, just as an example.
Rincewind
Young scout

Post by Rincewind »

Franka wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:05 pm For the Negligee game, I know they're doing a Negligee Stories, which is a number of shorter prequels featuring the same characters individually. I think that's perfectly legitimate, just as an example.
Just don't take that game as example for anything else. *shivers*

I think that if it's something like the Morinaga Milk manga anthology 'Kisses, Sighs, and Cherry Blossoms Pink', but in game format, could be nice.
That anthology are several stories, all happening in the same school. So you can see characters from other stories as secondary or background characters in others.
That could be rather nice.

And of course, me being me, I only would be interested if there's a generous amount of yuri. :lol:
But that's another issue entirely.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Rincewind wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:18 pmJust don't take that game as example for anything else. *shivers*
Hah! I didn't know then what I know now.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Why, what happened to that game ? (I don't know it)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

They were making a prequel to a yuri game, and it was filled with m/f stories. After some feedback, they decided to make it a sequel and 100% yuri. After some more feedback, they flipped again, and now it's 1/2 het, 1/4 yuri, and 1/4 mixed. Yuri fans are not so happy. :evil:

Plus, of course, this is Dharker Studio and your favorite type of sexy game with loose plot and loose women.

(I'm getting it though, I'm fangirling over the artist.)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha I see. I think I saw a post of that artist looking for more work a few weeks ago. I could hire him/her for some future game maybe... 8) nah I must finish all the current games in the works first!
DarkWolf
Druid

Post by DarkWolf »

It says to explain why when you vote no so.....

While I wouldn't say it couldn't possibly turn up good I wouldn't expect much from it. For one I never read a yuri manga anthology that I really liked, at best there ware some I thought ware ok. Story needs to be of some length for a reader to be able to really get into it, some master writer might be able to produce some really great story despite it being very short but normally short stories are just too short to get something really good out of them.
On top of that if you mixed romances (GxG, GxB etc.) it would probably push away many people, as this is different from your usual offer routes for different interests where readers who aren't interested in some route can simply not read that route.

If every story was at least as long as your average coomon route + character route and they ware all yuri I would probably still give it a chance, but even then I might not expect from it as much as I would from your normal game, otherwise I would probably skip that one.

Off course a lot of things still depend on different things like setting, plot, characters etc.