Official game thread

Dating / farming sim with scheduler: http://www.winterwolves.com/theflowershop.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Official game thread

Post by jack1974 »

I think they're both good games, only targeted to different public 8)
Dennia
Young scout

Post by Dennia »

Hi. Like I mentioned on the blog, a Flower Shop for the girls is something I'm looking forward to. It puzzles me why Maestro sees this game (the current Flower Shop) as aimed at women? o.o
Also, do guys actually enjoy games where they are the girl in the story? It seems unlikely to me.

Anyway, I'm hoping the new game will be a lot like Spirited Heart, which I loved. :) (Please see my comments on the Spirited Heart thread.)

Thanks for some unique games.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The new game will follow mostly the same system, a hybrid with dating sim and a sort of farming sim but with flowers (I'm still in planning-stage so this can be changed).
I think mastro says it's a game aimed for women because, you know... :mrgreen: there is more romance, and not any sexy situation or image. I think is because of that.
I enjoy writing games where you're the girl (I did it with Heileen), as for playing them, if the story is good... why not?

About Spirited Heart you might be pleased to know I'm making another game with that "brand". It will focus more on the jobs rather than the relationships though.
kaiser
Young scout

Post by kaiser »

What what! A princess-maker style game? That would rule :)
So there will be no relationships? There will be combats in it? What about inventory, skills, etc?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Will make a new post soon explaining a bit how it will work. It will have relationships but probably won't be as deep as Spirited Heart. Also remember that while will carry the same "brand", it won't replace the first one but will be two kind of different games.
I don't think there will be combat, but might add them later in an add-on pack.
Dennia
Young scout

Post by Dennia »

Am I one of the few who is sorry that the new Flower Shop will not be as deep or not have as many relationships as Spirited Heart? Relationships and dating are what I enjoy most about this kind of game. (Tonight in SH I married Mgorem! :) yay)

How about it guys. Do any of the rest of you feel the same as I do?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Wait I think you got confused :lol: The new Flower Shop, named "Girl Side" (maybe the name will change) will be the same as the first one concerning the amount of relationships / romance. You'll have several guys to date, including some from the first game.
The game that won't have any romance option (at least in the v1.0) is the new Spirited Heart "spin-off" (not really a sequel, more a different game from same "world").
anita
Young scout

Post by anita »

Dennia wrote: How about it guys. Do any of the rest of you feel the same as I do?
I'm a girl like you :))
I love the romance on Spirited Heart. But many of my friends (female) they like also the job/statistics system. My favourite character is Frebo though! He reminds me of House character! :o
Dennia
Young scout

Post by Dennia »

OK. Can you stand some applause, Jack? I have just played the Flower Shop demo and...I was amazed. What a great story and how sweet and how well-written*. I just gotta finish this game someday when I get some money in my piggy.

I understand now why the game is considered kinda "girly" by some even though you play a guy dating girls. It's just so...well, sweet, in the best sense. I am so looking forward to the new Flower Shop for girls. Any guesstimate as to when it will be ready to launch? (but of course I don't want you to rush it before it's at least as good as the first.)

Just keep making the great games. I hope your games are discovered by more people; they and you deserve it.

*though again I found some errors in the text. tsk. tsk.
anita wrote: My favourite character is Frebo though! He reminds me of House character! :o

Hey girl.

I think Frodo is hilarious. I haven't been able to get him interested me yet, though. :cry: My fave guy is the elf musician...umm...whose name escapes me right now...:oops:
Then there's the captain--the hottest of the six dudes, imo. Wow, I married him and became Queen Dennia! (trumpet blast)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks, but I didn't write the Flower Shop: I only made the "general plot outline" and programmed it (and managed the aritst etc) but the story writing is from Ayu Sakata, which is going to collaborate with me in more games, one of those is Card Sweethearts but for sure won't appeal female public (is a visual novel with poker game and strip scenes, even if of course nothing really *hot* lol) and Flower Shop girl side.
Speaking of this last game she's going to start it probably once the poker game is finished. I think a good estimate would be next summer (those games takes time to write)!