Official game thread

Dating / farming sim with scheduler: http://www.winterwolves.com/theflowershop.htm
anita
Young scout

Re: Official game thread

Post by anita »

Dennia wrote: I think Frodo is hilarious. I haven't been able to get him interested me yet, though. :cry: My fave guy is the elf musician...umm...whose name escapes me right now...:oops:
Then there's the captain--the hottest of the six dudes, imo. Wow, I married him and became Queen Dennia! (trumpet blast)
you mean Torza (I think that's the name). yes I agree, he looks handsome :mrgreen: plus becoming a Queen is always good!
The bard is Janimee, I don't like him much, he looks like a cheater to me! (hope that is the correct english word !)
USCLynx
Young scout

Post by USCLynx »

I have completed half or so of the endings and I think that this game is very well done. I have very much so enjoyed playing this game. This game caught me right away starting with the music. The art and screen setup throughout the game was also easy on the eyes. But the biggest reason that made me love this game was the sweetness and cleanness. I just wanted to thumbs up this game because it is rare to actually have a "moral" game. The first ending I completed was with Jill and it was the one that hit home.
I liked the game, however I prefer the more "adult" themes / situations present in your other games like Bionic Heart. This game is cute, well written, but clearly aimed at women :mrgreen:
I have to say I disagree. I'm a guy and was happy to have no "adult" situations. :)
ffxplayer
Young scout

Post by ffxplayer »

As a female who plays many "adult" games, this one is still a breath of fresh air. It keeps things feeling more "real" than most dating sims I've played. I noticed the latest newsletter mentions you guys are finally close to coming out with the girl side. I will definitely be scraping some cash together for it!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, I believe with this game and the last Flower Shop and Always Remember Me we made some games that definitely should appeal girls (but also boys!).
Trevanman
Young scout

Post by Trevanman »

Anyone knows what music has been used in "The Flower Shop"?
Every time I watch Mythbusters I hear the same music as when I have to plan another week in this game...
Also; I think the Flower Shop/breaking up with Jill music is kinda, sad, but at the same time pretty... And then there's the "romance/credits" music... That's just awesome...
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

That game was made with royalty free music from various sites. I don't remember the exact track names though, since I renamed them when I added to the game and have a big collection of tracks, sorry :oops:
In future games I plan to have custom music though!
Trevanman
Young scout

Post by Trevanman »

Okay, so Steve is single in the second game.... and isn't the second game only a few month AFTER the end of the first one?
(still just busy with the WIF demo)
That actually made me very sad... :cry:

As it happened, I had made a mental list over which girl was best (to end up with)
Let's start with the worst and end with the best...

4. Marian.
She's waaaay older than you are and although you tell her you love her a couple of times, she only tells you once. She is more of an older sister to you...

3. Jill.
She dumped you for looking at other girls (you shouldn't look at other girls while you're in a relationship, but still). She's far away and stays in school. You end up with a "pick your own" farm instead of a "today I'm gonna work on my land and harvest and plant some...' farm (a normal farm, the kind of farm you had BEFORE you got her) The kiss scene is pretty sweet and bling-ish.

2. Clara.
She doesn't really care about you. She cares about shopping and the fact that you're from LA... She also ditches you to go to college (she still visits you every weekend, though). Luckily, there are plans to connect Fairbrook to some of the bigger cities (by train).

1. Susana.
She cares about you and your health. She does have some strange ideas regarding food, though. Also; she sometimes has these anger attacks, meaning you have to stay out of her way. Apart from that she is a princess, plus she is a great cook: which leads to her selling food from her shop. (food made from the produce from your land). To me; best ending by far... :give_heart:

Also; I've started writing some fan fiction, or actually; mixing the story with my choices and whatever I would write. (Yeah, Steve and Susana are engaged and they're to marry next year (the year after Steve came to Fairbrook))
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Later in the course of Winter In Fairbrook story, there's a strong hint of which of the girls he had a crush, and at the end of the game there's a few sentences revealing who is (unless you romanced him playing as Natalie of course!).
Entertainer13
Young scout

Post by Entertainer13 »

I just re-downloaded the updated Summer in Fairbrook version of the flower shop, (yes, that is old as heck!), but I currently am not getting any sound when I play the game. Winter in Fairbrook, Loren the Amazon etc, all play their sound just fine.

Is their something I can do to fix this? I re-downloaded again, but still, no sound in the Summer version (that I adore OH so much!)
---
centurycitygames.com
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

That's strange, what OS are you running ?