Why is this game on the Apple store?

Dating / farming sim with scheduler: http://www.winterwolves.com/theflowershop.htm
Jays2ss
Young scout

Why is this game on the Apple store?

Post by Jays2ss »

(removed because might contain trojans/virus)

I see no signs of any credit given to vNovel Interactive. What's your stance on this? Are you affiliated, and if not, who's stealing from who?
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Why is this game on the Apple store?

Post by jack1974 »

You see no sign? there's "by vNovel interactive" just below the title!!!!!
However I tried to download but seems a scam site, so I removed the link (might contain trojans). Will tell vNovel about it thanks for letting me know.
angelgidget
Young scout

Post by angelgidget »

I'm confused.

I got really excited when I saw a Winterwolves game for IOS, but are you saying that they are selling your game without your approval? Because I was really hoping to buy it for my ipad when I saved up the cash, but if they stole it, I will spend that money on another of your desktop games instead.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah no is all OK, the previous post was talking about another site selling iOS games in a weird way. The game from itunes is fine, they ported it and is "official" :)
angelgidget
Young scout

Post by angelgidget »

Yay! I'll go ahead and get it then. :D

Was it very difficult to put in on the App Store? I know you mentioned that one of the main difficulties with Google Play was the inability to offer support for all the different tablet types and screen sizes--and itunes wouldn't have that problem--but I know many developers have trouble just getting their stuff on there.

Do you think you will put more of your games on IOS, or is it too early to tell?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well for that game wasn't because the 3rd party company did everything on their own :mrgreen:
I tried to submit Heileen myself and was A TOTAL NIGHTMARE, my Mac SOMEHOW won't let me submit it. I zipped the folder and sent it to my supercoder friend and he successfully submitted it in 5 minutes CHANGING NOTHING. So as you can see is something to bang your head on a wall, and it's a sport I'm not very fond of :lol:
(note that there was a problem with the in-app purchase, so Heileen is still NOT live on iOS... which is a bit crazy but I really had enough !)
In future I might be able to. My coder friend said that he'll look into porting all my games on iOS, he's not 100% sure that's possible but he'll try. If he can't do it, nobody else can (he's really good). But I have no estimate release date or anything about that, sorry :)