Winter in Fairbrook - guide!

Dating / farming sim with scheduler: http://www.winterwolves.com/theflowershop.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Winter in Fairbrook - guide!

Post by jack1974 »

General Hints:

-Every boy has TWO stats you need to raise in order to get his romance end. His primary stat needs to be at least 80, and his secondary stat needs to be at least 60. The second stat for each boy is the stat you raise when you spend time with him, so that should come fairly naturally.

-The snowstorm scene in the middle of the game is a good time to get a big boost in stats with the guy of your choice.

-The book you check out from the library will also increase your stats with a particular guy.

-The amount of money you earn has an effect on the epilogue, but not the end that you get. Simply put, if you do well, Susana will invite you back to work for her again.

Full walkthrough for all the four characters below:

Jacob:
Spoiler:
Pointers:
-Jacob's primary stat is Determination, which you can raise by spending time with Steve.
-At the library, tell Trent you're most interested in Mystery.
-During the storm, try to reason with Jacob, then stay and help take care of Susana.

Walkthrough:
-When Jacob first wakes Natalie up, tell him he shouldn't be so nervous.
-After he apologizes, ask about Jacob's home life.
-When comes early, ask Jacob for help finishing your work.
-When Jacob talks about his family, suggest he go for a walk.
-When Jacob gets a paper cut, tell him he needs to take care of it.
Trent:
Spoiler:
Pointers:
-Trent's primary stat is Empathy, which you can raise by spending time with Jacob.
-At the library, tell Trent you're most interested in Adventure.
-During the storm, try to reason with Jacob, then go check up on Trent.

Walkthrough:
-When Trent asks about poetry, tell him you don't really "get" it.
-When Trent reminds you Susana is his sister, apologize.
-After Natalie brings cupcakes to Trent, ask about Marian.
-When Trent's asleep in the library, wake him up.
-Before Trent goes to work, agree to go with him.
Ryan:
Spoiler:
Pointers:
-Ryan's primary stat is Culture, which you can raise by spending time with Trent.
-At the library, tell Trent you're most interested in Fantasy.
-During the storm, offer to go look for Susana instead, then insist on apologizing to Ryan now.

Walkthrough:
-After meeting Ryan, ask if he wants to be left alone.
-While making small talk with Ryan, ask him about his family.
-Say you're ready for the math review.
-When Ryan asks if he's weird, say there's nothing strange about it.
-When Ryan asks about small talk, say that it's so you understand each other better.
Steve:
Spoiler:
-Steve's primary stat is Intelligence, which you can raise by spending time with Ryan.
-At the library, tell Trent you're most interested in Horror.
-During the storm, offer to go look for Susana instead, then wait until later.

Walkthrough:
-When Steve asks about Natalie's parents, say they're very strict.
-When Steve says life is too short, suggest that it's best to be serious some of the time.
-When Steve asks, tell him you like sports.
-When Steve asks if Natalie wants to go back inside, say you'd rather keep walking.
-When Steve asks if Natalie is laughing, deny it.
hanako29
Young scout

Re: Winter in Fairbrook - guide!

Post by hanako29 »

THANK YOU!!!! :3
Mobil20
Young scout

Post by Mobil20 »

Hello i have some question for this game. Whis flower is to best to plant and sell?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Hmm good question! I think Lilac but I am not sure - anyway, it doesn't really matter since is easy to reach the required amount to get the special ending ($400) even just buying random seeds every time.
Chrartah
Young scout

Post by Chrartah »

Ok, guys... I've got the game, played it 3 times aming for Ryan - and the best I could get was 100% relationship and 60 culture. I was desperate and desided to play it for the 4th time. I abandoned the Flower Shop completely - always pressed the "Stop working button", planed my week to see Ryan/Trent 3/3. And I got about 90% against 70 culture. Not to mention that a lot of the days fell off cause the main character was soooooo tired (I didn't work at all!)
I don't have any wish to play it again.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Even if you don't work in the afternoon, or you choose stop working, the character will be tired (Fitness value). Just reserve 1 day a week to Rest, and will be fine. Every time you see the scene that says your character is tired, you lose some stats, that's why you weren't getting them high enough.
Chrartah
Young scout

Post by Chrartah »

Oh, I see! You should add this to the tips, I think. It will really save some time.
Is there any tips for characters presence in specified places? I mean, when I go to the library and for 3 times in a row Trent is not there - is there some tips to avoid that?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes I should add it somewhere (I don't remember exactly if I wrote it in the scene or not).
The appearance of the characters are random, but you should see them enough times to get the special ending. I suppose you saw the "normal" ones right?
Chrartah
Young scout

Post by Chrartah »

Yaaaaaay! Thank's for the hint, I've just unlocked Special Ryan Ending :3 It was totally worth it, especially the snowball fight scene XD
Sorry for overreacting the previous time, but getting the Lonely ending 4 times in a row really pisses off.
No, I haven't unlock the normal ones. But I will! :3
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Not your fault, I really need to add a better explanation. I wanted to do it already but recently had very little time :oops: