The Flower Shop: Winter In Fairbrook 1.2

Dating / farming sim with scheduler: http://www.winterwolves.com/theflowershop.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

The Flower Shop: Winter In Fairbrook 1.2

Post by jack1974 »

Ok I just uploaded what will 99.999% be the final version of the game. All the typos found by beta testers were fixed! Same download /official game page as before: http://www.winterwolves.com/winterinfairbrook.htm
lunanight
Young scout

Re: The Flower Shop: Winter In Fairbrook 1.2

Post by lunanight »

I have a question, is this going to be the same as the first game? Do I have to spend a certain time with someone else to raise my stats in order to get the ending of whom Im after? is there going to be a walkthrough?
Songster
Young scout

Post by Songster »

I mostly really like your games, but I am a bit wary of this sequel Tried the demo and it looks like Natalie is just a female version of Steve (that;s why I am a bit wary of guys writing out the roles of girls too, if you catch my drift. ) and what I alaso don;t really like is that it looks like Steve is datable again, either as if Flowershop never happened or someone;s quick to change girlfriends. ha!

But these comments notwithstanding, I have really appreciated a lot of your games so far and you;re doing a very good job at them so I may try to forgo my reservations. Just because I like your work so far.

Have a happy christmas time.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

lunanight wrote:I have a question, is this going to be the same as the first game? Do I have to spend a certain time with someone else to raise my stats in order to get the ending of whom Im after? is there going to be a walkthrough?
Yes to all the three questions :) However, is MUCH easier than the first game!
Songster wrote:I mostly really like your games, but I am a bit wary of this sequel Tried the demo and it looks like Natalie is just a female version of Steve (that;s why I am a bit wary of guys writing out the roles of girls too, if you catch my drift. ) and what I alaso don;t really like is that it looks like Steve is datable again, either as if Flowershop never happened or someone;s quick to change girlfriends. ha!
Both games were written by Ayu Sakata and last time I checked, she was a girl :lol: :lol:
You can date Steve for a simple reason: in the first game you can also end alone, so it's not automatic that he ended up with a girlfriend, no? Also in the story is explained what happened to him, Jill, Clara and other characters from the first game... :wink:
sake-bento
Young scout

Post by sake-bento »

Songster wrote:I mostly really like your games, but I am a bit wary of this sequel Tried the demo and it looks like Natalie is just a female version of Steve (that;s why I am a bit wary of guys writing out the roles of girls too, if you catch my drift. ) and what I alaso don;t really like is that it looks like Steve is datable again, either as if Flowershop never happened or someone;s quick to change girlfriends. ha!
Since I'm here, I might as well leave a comment. I was originally going to leave Steve out of the dating pool, but a lot of people really wanted a shot at dating him as well, so I wrote the game as if Steve's "alone" ending from the first game was the canon one. I really liked the story of Steve growing up and becoming more mature, so I wanted to do something similar with Natalie, which is why she starts out pretty similar (as a lazy girl with no direction). I did try to separate their natures, though, with Steve being more of a snarky troublemaker, and Natalie being more of a scatterbrained type.
Songster
Young scout

Post by Songster »

Thank you both for your comments! I see! My apologies for assuming too much! *Embarassed now* heh. That is the problem with these things, I suppose.
I had a similar question for the auhtor of magical diary but she seems to be inclined to separate the chapters and make old characters not romancable anymore, which is the approach I prefer personally and she has managed to found a more convenient solution to her crossing of potential cannons problems.
It's interesting to see how you game makers approach these undoubtedly problematic issues.

But I understand, I guess, and your explanation makes a lot of sense. I appreciate it.

As for personality, I guess I'd see more difference as I play along.
To be honest, the best idea of the previous game was actually the father-son storyline and their relationship, it was a really great idea, combined with the farming element and maturing storyline, I do like such stories myself. The resolution was promising to some extent too.
Well I'll probably enjoy this game a lot once I buy it- so thank you and thanks again for explaining. :)
sake-bento
Young scout

Post by sake-bento »

No need to be embarrassed. I really do appreciate it when people spend time thinking about the story and characters.
Songster
Young scout

Post by Songster »

I have now relatively quickly reached the special ending with a character type that I do like, the Somewhat Difficult Nerd. Was cute and had some nice exchanges, though at times seemed like I was missing some random events and therefore had a feeling of abrupt (also the meter was going too quickly, I guess I am feeling that it's a bit short or maybe that's just because I have played a lot of thse games) , but it was very cute.

Having thought about it more, it;s actually an interesting approach that does fit since you could say that Steve and Natalie are two of a kind and I guess they can find understanding with one another, so I think I am actually glad you picked the alone ending as a cannon. I'll work on Steve endings now.

All in all, I am enjoying myself so thanks for your work :)
Himehi
Young scout

Post by Himehi »

Hi, I just bought the game and finished it one time but I have a problem, its difficult to see the buttons and meters because they're transparent behind text, so I can only see the extremes of the meters and stuff, how do I know when I'm doing things right then?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

It's a videocard bug, normally you see them :) try pressing shift+G and choose another renderer, you should be able to see them!