Steam testing

A sci-fi RPG game https://www.winterwolves.com/planetstronghold.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Steam testing

Post by jack1974 »

The problem is, they all use the same code :mrgreen: So, either doesn't work for ANYONE, or it's simply not possible that works only on "some people". I am not sure what is going on honestly, I'll see if I get some other people reporting the issue! :)
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

jack1974 wrote: I'll see if I get some other people reporting the issue! :)
Oh, it certainly could be something bizarre on my end. When one considers how many PCs are out there, and all the programs, something is bound to go wonky :D

Anyways, you have more important things to worry about than that ;)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

You were right, was bugged (other users on Steam reported it). I have now updated the game and should work :)
Xantas
Young scout

Post by Xantas »

Achievement system doesn't work for me. This is the 2nd time i get the message "Achievement unlocked" (100 aliens killed, king of the arena)), but actually Steam still shows 0 achievements for me!
I can provide both screenshot and the last save game before gettng the achievement if of any use for you. Btw I''m playing on Ubuntu 12.04, if that matters.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes achievements API doesn't work on Linux, sorry. Every developer using Ren'Py I know has the same issue, so I don't think is even the fault of the coder I hired to do the job :oops:
Xantas
Young scout

Post by Xantas »

Ok that's not such a big deal, but just to let you know: I've got another renpy game, Magical Diary, and achievements work. Maybe you hould give your coder a piece of your mind... :twisted:
P.S. Anyway Magical Diary sucks, so I still prefer your games! :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Magical Diary uses a very different version of Ren'Py though, a custom one :wink: (I know because devs and coder are my friends)