Cloned Lisa

A sci-fi RPG game https://www.winterwolves.com/planetstronghold.htm
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Cloned Lisa

Post by Lonestar51 »

When going up against the Matrick (fighting for the lawful king of course), there is one tunnel entrance where it is possible to scout ahead (not the one with the Matrick Boss). I sent Lisa ahead, as she was the one with the lowest scouting skill (I wanted her to fail, and to get another fight) Predictably, she did fail, and then there was a short dialogue where Lisa (scout) had to be rescued by Lisa (teamleader) - for this scene two different chars :mrgreen: Hence I cloned her. :mrgreen:

After the scene the game seems to continue normally (Lisa is not available in the fight as she is trapped, but this I expect.)

I find all the funny bugs I think. :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Cloned Lisa

Post by jack1974 »

Normally it should pick the person who did the action, and then talk with "other" (a random party member). Did you have normal party members or only a few (like 2-3) ? Will still check it anyway :)
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

The party has 4 members, and Lisa is one of them. If necessary I could provide a save file.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No I think I found it, is where says:
"Hey? Are you okay?"
"I don't like this silence. What happened!?"
indeed I forgot to change the player speaker to another party member :)
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

Yes, this was the related text.

I also found an instance where the layout broke:

Not sure if this is worth fixing, but a remainder what waits for you once SOTW goes public alpha. :mrgreen: Oh, and sorry I post this on your birthday.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha it's not a problem :) actually is a bug related to the "upgrade" to the new version of Ren'Py. If you have a savegame with it please send it so I can fix, should be a quick thing! thanks :)
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

One more thing, and I am not sure if this report is correct: The Spitter Robobrain has a special move which is supposed to make it harder to hit. During the fights it feels as if it makes them easier to hit instead. ("feels" because I have not yet suffcient statistics to be sure, could be random fluke as well.)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No that should make them harder, though also depends on the accuracy of who's shooting him. Also I reduced a bit the effect, since otherwise was too powerful (characters with low accuracy had hard time to hit him at all).
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

(all those bugs are coming out at the right time though, before the game is on Steam!)
Now I am relieved ;-)
No that should make them harder, though
Right, it should make them harder. But I had several fights where in the first round Lisa would hit with two or three shots from five against a spitter brain. In the second round - after the second spitter brain made itself harder to hit - she hit with four shots (after which the brain was dead.) This may be a fluke, randomness being random - but it feels like it happened a bit too often. This is why I reportes it. (Same char, same weapon, no other changes but the special power)

One more issue: The psionic power "Cure": Low level costs 20 (OK), Medium costs 40 (OK), High cost 30 (but text says 60). At least for Lisa, at least in one specific instance.
Edit: Correction: If successful the power cure costs full SP. If not successful it costs half SP.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Lonestar51 wrote: Right, it should make them harder. But I had several fights where in the first round Lisa would hit with two or three shots from five against a spitter brain. In the second round - after the second spitter brain made itself harder to hit - she hit with four shots (after which the brain was dead.) This may be a fluke, randomness being random - but it feels like it happened a bit too often. This is why I reportes it. (Same char, same weapon, no other changes but the special power)
I checked what the skill actually does, and it doubles the evasion value. The spitter has 15 by default as base value, but I put a cap of 80 because otherwise was too hard to hit. So yes I think that this move is more effective against low-level party members, once you level up and gain more accuracy should have a minor impact :)
Lonestar51 wrote: One more issue: The psionic power "Cure": Low level costs 20 (OK), Medium costs 40 (OK), High cost 30 (but text says 60). At least for Lisa, at least in one specific instance.
Edit: Correction: If successful the power cure costs full SP. If not successful it costs half SP.
I don't understand, so is the in-game text that is wrong?