Version 1.5.5 testing

A sci-fi RPG game https://www.winterwolves.com/planetstronghold.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Version 1.5.3 testing

Post by jack1974 »

Was wondering if you installed the game in a different directory? by default it installs in the old one and can overwrite a previous installation causing some weird bugs (because old files are still present). Also if you continued old savegames, that could be the problem too.
For Michelle though is strange, will check that quest :)
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

jack1974 wrote:Was wondering if you installed the game in a different directory? by default it installs in the old one and can overwrite a previous installation causing some weird bugs (because old files are still present). Also if you continued old savegames, that could be the problem too.
For Michelle though is strange, will check that quest :)
Yes, it was installed in the same directory. I also started a new game to see if the results would be any different, and unfortunately the pausing between shots is still present.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I am not sure what you mean exactly pausing between shots, maybe is that the speed is set to slow ?
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

Normally, when you hit an opponent, some special effects like an explosion will appear. It works fine on the character's first shot, but every shot after it, it just stays at the first frame of animation. Sorry, if I didn't make myself clear the first time around.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I didn't change that so my guess is some video driver issue maybe. If you press shift+G while playing and choose DirectX the problem is fixed ? (you'd need to update the DirectX video driver probably)
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

I tried the various settings with shift+G, but nothing seems to rectify the problem. My DirectX driver is up to date as well.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well I have just replaced that version with one built with the new Ren'Py libraries. I tried here and everything works fine, like before, maybe you can retry now?
I remember that the game during the later stages had some slowdowns, like if you played for XXX hours, grinding a lot, etc.
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

I tried again. I deleted all saves, uninstalled the previous version, installed the new build. Unfortunately, nothing has changed.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I have no clue honestly, here works like before. On which OS are you ?
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

I have Windows 7 64-bit.

You mentioned earlier that sometimes bugs can occur because old files are still present. I know that uninstalling doesn't wipe away every piece of data such game saves, achievements, and registration. Is it possible to wipe everything clean? I purchased the deluxe version if it makes any difference.