Can't get demo to work

A sci-fi RPG game https://www.winterwolves.com/planetstronghold.htm
JangoOmega
Young scout

Re: Can't get demo to work

Post by JangoOmega »

Thanks Jack1974 for the quick reply. I really apriciate the effort you put into customer support.

I did as you said and sure enough I didnt have the right version of DirectX installed. Unfortunately after instaling the version included with the game (version 9 i believe) Im still recieveing the same error ("unusual runtime error" on start up). I tried holding the shift key but nothing happened. The log.txt has changed to what Raine009 posted previously and I can find any others. I tried an uninstall/reinstall after the directX update but it didnt help.

//Additional info
I am having the same problem with "Spirited Heart" game. I played the demo about 6 weeks ago on the same computer perfectly fine. Not one problem. But after downloading the full versions of both these games they started to give me this error. The older Ren'Py made games I have still run on my machine. Maybe this will give some insight to were the problem came from?

*UPDATE*
My computer did some weird reboot thing a few minutes ago. When it came back I got the usual reminders on start up. Having had all my windows closed on me I decided to update because a restart wouldnt lose anything on me. When it came back on the second time I figured I try the games one more time. A Voila! They work! Well, atleast they both open to the main menu (even if they run alittle slow). Im going to have a go at playing them later. If I have any problems I know where to go.

Thanks for the help anyway.

- J Omega
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah good! Now that they're working you might try to use shift+G inside the game to open the "renderer menu". Both OpenGL / DX should work fast (depending which videocard you have), and software should be the most compatible even if runs slow (maybe the one you're running right now).
JangoOmega
Young scout

Post by JangoOmega »

I just gave it a go there and it seems to have helped. Its running fairly well now. There is a slight pause between my input and the game doing something but I'd attribute that to the fact that I have other programmes open. All is well. Thanks again.
fleetp
Druid

Post by fleetp »

I'd recommend you update the drivers for your video card or video chip if you don't have a separate video card. It might help, and it won't hurt anything.